Wednesday, May 16, 2007

30 Weeks Old

We had our next check up today and all is well. We received some interesting news that we weren’t aware of…here’s the game plan: At 32 weeks, we’ll get two more steroid shots that will promote lung development. At 36 weeks (end of June), the doctor will remove the cerclage (stitch). The doctor said she’ll have me walk around for 30 minutes and if I dilate any, we’ll go ahead and have the baby THAT DAY. Wow. If there is no change, then I’ll be sent home…to wait…like a ticking time bomb. Nice. And after the first contraction, I was told to head straight to the hospital because the baby will come quickly. Hmm, good to know. OK, I’m not a nature-loving bohemian…I don’t want to have this baby at home. I like machines, I like technology, I like hospitals. Well, guess we’re headed for another adventure. Anything different would just be abnormal.

No comments: