Saturday, July 21, 2007

One Month Old!

Madison turned one month old! It's hard to believe she's already one month...and her original due date is yet to come. Madison has been growing steadily and is now over seven pounds! And, she still likes to party at nights...we have to work on that. I have been a little sick this week, so Elaine has taken care of Madison in the mornings so I can sleep, which has been so nice. Madison's feeding schedule has been quite intense in order to ensure weight gain - requiring nursing first, then topping her off with a bottle, then me pumping more milk for her. This left me about 45 minutes of sleep in between intervals of feeding her. Needless to say, I was exhausted and worse for the wear. So, after much thought and consideration, we have decided to bottle feed her with formula full time. It was a hard decision, but this has made everyone lots happier!
Daddy, Madison and Grandma Chipley
Daddy reads to Madison often

No comments: