Tuesday, December 11, 2007

We're Back Online!

Madison meets Santa for the first time
Our family after my Dad's concert
Four generations
College girlfriends (L-R): Courtney, Danae with Madison, Shawn with Conner, Anna with Anne Botts

We are finally back online!! The truth is...I somewhere/somehow dropped my laptop and shattered the screen. I just got a brand new laptop a few days ago that I just love! So...I'm sorry for the delay...so here's an update:
We had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday. It was definitely a whirlwind trip, but so wonderful to see so many friends and family. We spent a week with Mark's folks at their house on Lake Gaston. We enjoyed relaxing away from home, fabulous food, and catching up with Mark's cousins, aunt/uncle and his grandmother. On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we rented a car and drove down to Charlotte. There, we visited with some of my college girlfriends and then spent time with my aunt/uncle, cousins, friends of the family, and my grandparents. It was really special that Madison got to meet her great grandparents. We also got to see my mom, dad and sister, as they flew into Charlotte for a concert my dad gave at Calvary. The best part of the concert was when my dad played the wedding processional he composed for our wedding - and he showed a video montage of our wedding which was really touching.
After we got home, we were really busy getting settled back in and ready for Christmas. We have hosted one holiday party and will be hosting another this weekend! Madison is doing really well. She had a little cold after our vacation, but is fine now. She is flipping over constantly, talking all the time, and really interested in her toys. She also just loves to be with other kids. She smiles, laughs and talks to her friends. We've had a few rough days, however, with her cutting teeth. It's been an adventure.

I'll post more pics to our Shutterfly website soon!

No comments: