Sunday, June 29, 2008

GUESS WHAT???


Madison has reached a new milestone...She's going to be a big sister! (her shirt in the picture was mine that I wore when we brought home my sister from the hospital...24 years ago!)

Surprise doesn't even begin to describe what we felt. More like shock....and then complete overwhelming joy and thanks to God for this miracle. You see, we got pregnant naturally, with no infertility help! At one time, we were told we had less than a 5 % chance of obtaining a pregnancy on our own. In the last 5 months, we tried two minor infertility procedures that were not successful. Then, a week after we move to Beaumont, we got pregnant. We are so excited. We are due January 23.

Because of our complicated pregnancy with Madison, my OB is also having me see a Perinatologist in Houston regularly. I've already had several ultrasounds and the baby appears very healthy so far. We are excited, but naturally a little (ok, more than a little) nervous. But God has been so faithful to us and we will trust and walk with Him.

Please pray for us this Thursday. I'll have a minor surgery that afternoon to ensure the baby stays in the uterus. However, there is risk (as we've been told several times) that if membranes are hit, it will result in spontaneous abortion. But, the risks of losing the baby later are much greater if I don't have this surgery done. So, if you will, please pray for us and I'll update y'all on Friday.

In addition to this post, I want to write a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to my cousin Nicole and her husband Pat on the birth of their precious baby girl, Averie Elizabeth. She was born on 6/22, weighing 7 lbs 14 oz and 21" long! We love you!

3 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

Jon and I have been so excited to hear this news! I've been waiting for it on your blog. We faithfully pray for your pregnancy every night and we'll remember you on Thursday as well.
CONGRATULATIONS!

The Arnold Family said...

I also tried to post a message earlier on the beach trip post to tell Madison, Happy Birthday! Also, we have a beach house in Topsail, which is like 30 minutes from Wilmington...we were there when you were there! I wish we had known, we would have been glad to babysit for you guys!

Kelley M. said...

thinking of you, Danae, Mark & Madison...you're always in our prayers. Thanks for sharing another of the Lord's "tender mercies" with us...we love you!

Kel, Tim, Beauwin & Ireland Maher