Thursday, April 30, 2009

We're still here...!

Whoa....I am so, so, so behind in posting... and to think, I used to post every day!

First, Yes, we are all doing wonderfully! Everyone is healthy and happy.

I've received several calls, texts, emails, even snail mail asking, "Are you okay? I haven't seen a post recently..."... Here's an explanation...oh, where do I even begin?

Simply put, we have been incredibly busy. As I've said before...who needs a gym membership, when you have two kids 18 months apart? We have all been sick (again), there have been some stressful issues occuring in our immediate and extended families, Mark has been working non-stop, we don't have a nanny of course, (but we do have house cleaners thank the Lord!)...so with phone calls, laundry piling up, taking care of sick kids, cleaning, cooking, bills, doctor's appointments, etc... My blog has continuously gotten pushed aside...so that more pertinent issues may be handled...like laundry... Oh, and if I have a extra 30 minutes when both kids are asleep at the same time (little chance), I try and catch a nap!

So...long story short...my precious little journal has been pushed aside every day so that my family can be fed, clothed, and taken care of properly... :)

But so much has been going on!

Little (um, sorry, I mean BIG) Hunter has been growing so fast! At three months, he weighed 15 lbs 8 oz and is now well over 16 lbs! As the doctor said, you'd never know he is a reflux baby just by looking at him! He is huge. He is so long, too! Most importantly, he is sooo happy! He laughs and laughs all the time. He "talks" to anyone constantly, practicing his vowels, mostly. :) He gurgles, smiles and coos to just about everyone. He is so much fun in the morning, especially. His reflux is so much better now that he's been on a compounded version of Prevacid. We've also begun to wean him off the Reglan, which drained the milk out of his stomach. We still add a lot of rice cereal to his formula (thus, the healthy chunky monkey!) to weigh his food down in his tummy. He is sleeping well, though Madison still has him beat on the perfect definition of a "good sleeper". He falls asleep around 10 pm and wakes to eat again around 7 or later. However, he only usually catnaps during the day...sometimes only taking two 30 minute naps a day...other times he'll sleep for a couple hours, but that is not frequent. Madison, on the other hand, slept 12 + hrs by the time she was 3 months old and still takes a 3 hr nap each day!

Hunter also rolled over for the first time this week! At 3 and a half months old, I am pretty proud, especially considering that I haven't even laid him flat on the ground until three weeks ago due to his reflux. He's only done it once, completely on his own, but is very close to continue rolling over. He can, however, scoot across the room. It's great! Of course, we think he's a genius... :)

Madison is also doing well. She continues to make us laugh each day. She says a new word every day, it seems. She knows many of her colors and most of her animals and can count to three. She most of all loves to be outdoors and does not want to come inside...ever! Her curly hair is getting longer and she is getting taller. I can't believe she will be two years old soon! She loves school, has "best friends", and is especially curious about everything. I mean, it's fascinating how curious she is...and it gets her in a wee bit of trouble, too... She throws all caution to the wind, loves to test mommy and daddy, and goes full steam ahead each day. She loves playing hide and seek and also loves to dance.

I am doing great. I feel great and feel like I can stand on my own two feet without any problem or any help. Of course, help is always welcome, but you know what I mean. :) Now that I am getting more sleep, it has made a world of difference. Mark is still working incredibly ridiculous hours including many weekends, which makes me a single parent most days. That is hard, but I'm absolutely having a fabulous time with both my kiddos and praise God for blessing us with two!

Thank you for your words of encouragement during the last few months that were pretty challenging. Additionally, I am humbled by the emails, letters, phone calls of actual thanks! My prayer has been that, in various ways, my honest words of what's been going on in my life might have affected you, enocuraged you, made you feel not so alone...in any positive way...and I love you guys for it. :)

3 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

I know what you mean!!!! With Vera and Lane being 15 months apart I am up on my feet moving at all times during the day!!!

Trista & Chris said...

SO glad to hear you are settling in to life with 2 under 2! Glad H is doing so much better with his reflux! Sometimes it is so hard to find a treatment that works for those kiddos! God is good!

Ariana Chin said...

No worries... I know you must be busy. Ari and Eli are 3 years apart and it's still hard. So I have to make a confession: I bought you a little something about two months ago and it's still sitting on my desk waiting to be mailed! I feel like such a flake and a BIG loser!! But I know you can totally relate, right? Please don't feel bad about not posting online or not be able to write thank-you notes - I know you're really really busy. I promise I will get that little gift to you ... but it may not make it before Mother's Day. BTW, Ari has been asking about you since I told her the H1D1 (or R2D2?) flu is found in Texas. I know her you guys are well. Just so glad to know all of you are healthy and doing fine. God is really awesome, isn't He? ~ Vinny =)