Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hunter's ultrasound pics - 22.5 weeks

profile
two little feet
profile with legs above head

front of face and abdomen

Yesterday, we visited a Perinatologist here in Portland, per my Houston doctor's request. We got a good report, overall. The doctor said Hunter looks "spectacularly healthy". He weighs about a pound and a half. All of his organs look healthy and are growing on track. However, because he was once again extremely active, it took the ultrasound technician a long time to take her needed measurements and pictures. He was quite stubborn and uncooperative, but hey - he looked like he was having fun flipping around, sucking his thumb and hiccupping. The only set-back we had was that the cervix is shortening. Not a big surprise seeing that I've been on my feet a lot lately, with all this travel, etc. So, the doctor has asked that I wait another week to go home to Texas. We were planning on going back this weekend, but we'll wait to go home next weekend. The doctor wants to see me again on Monday to do another ultrasound and measurement. Until then, she's asked I reduce my activity. So, if I'm on good behavior and lie low, I hope to get home soon. We have enjoyed our time here, but will welcome getting back to our own home.

Mark returned to our home on Saturday night from Dallas. On Sunday, he inspected everything in and around our house. We really were so fortunate. Aside from needing a new fence, we had no other damage to our home - praise the Lord! Power was recently restored and the water ban was just lifted. I got a call from Madison's teacher yesterday. School won't be starting for at least another week. Her wing of the school was severely damaged, with the roof totally blown off and the walls caved in...so they have a lot of repair and rebuilding. They're moving classrooms around. They'll be back in their original classroom by Christmas, hopefully.

As we expected, Mark's schedule will remain very hectic. His office building at the plant is completely damaged. He is currently working out of a nearby hotel, along with a team of people. He was told that now through the first of the year (2009), at least, he'll need to work every day, but will be able to take one day off every 14 days. I feel so bad for them!!! I can't even imagine, but I'm so thankful he's working so hard to provide for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is precious! You are on my prayers and thoughts. Take it easy! Let your family do everything for you.
He's precious. I completely UNDERSTAND what your going through.
Kim