Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Beaumont is under mandatory evacuation, as of this morning. Exxon has asked Mark to relocate to Dallas to carry on business. So, we are all going with him. We'll leave in about an hour. We're all packed, just waiting for him to get home. I was supposed to go to the OB/GYN today for my next Fetal Fibronectin test. They called me early this morning to cancel my apointment, but recommended I go to a hospital in Dallas to get the test done. I asked if I could wait, but they said no. So, per their suggestion, I've found a large hospital near our hotel and I'll go to Labor & Delivery tomorrow to be checked out and tested. Sarah is still with us and will come to Dallas with us. Several days ago, Exxon reserved a suite for us with a living room and kitchenette and pull-out couch, in addition to the king size bed. It has a nice outdoor pool, so we'll take Madison there. Mark's not able to come home until lunch time today...I'm sure traffic will be awful and will take forever to get to Dallas. Glad I filled up my car with gas and got food yesterday for the road, just in case. Will bring my computer with us. Will keep you updated.

2 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

We are praying for you!! I hope the travel isn't too bad and you get to where you are going safely. Also I pray that your house in Beaumont will be kept safe from the wrath of the storm!

Kelley M. said...

Safe travels, Chipleys & Sarah...you're in our prayers.

Love to all,
Maher family