Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sarah & Dave Visit/ My Birthday!

Big blue eyes! Mark gave me my favorite and most awesome camera for my b-day!!
Baby and Mamma on walk in our community.
Sarah and Dave goofing off in the butterly exhibit.
Happy 30th Birthday!
Super Bowl party!!

We were going non-stop last week and it was so much fun! Mon/Tues we spent running errands, doing laundry, cleaning house, etc. in preparation for Sarah and Dave to arrive. And we had a blast while they were here!!!
On Wednesday, Madison and I picked them up from the airport. We then went to the large outlet mall to shop. Mark came home and we ate a nice dinner at home together. On Thursday morning, I noticed Mad wasn't acting the same and irritable, so I went ahead and took her to the doctor. Come to find out, she had a stomach virus, which we treated dietarily - and after a shot, she was feeling better in no time. That afternoon, and okay with doctor's orders, we all (except Mark who was at work) went to the Museum of Natural Science. We had a great time at the museum and especially in the butterfly exhibit. On Friday, Mark was going to take off work as we all had plans to go to the zoo with Madison and then host a first birthday party for me back at home. Well, Thursday late night/Friday early morning, Mark and I got sick...Like, Mark slept on one bathroom floor and I slept on the other downstairs bathroom floor. We were so sick that night and the next morning...and then we finally went to Urgent Care Friday evening. I had the flu and Mark had the flu/sinus infection...but we got medicine that worked really quickly. We cancelled our big party for neighborhood friends that night, but we'll make it up soon! Sarah (& Dave) was our hero - she took care of Mad for us like a little Mommy 24/7. Saturday was my 30th BIRTHDAY!!! I just couldn't believe it! 30 used to sound so old and I loved still being in my "twenties". Anyhow, Dave golfed with our friends (Mark still sick) and that evening we went bowling and back to our house to party with a few couples - good friends of ours who all attended/were in our wedding. We were glad the other people who we invited for Sat night took a raincheck for a later date b/c we had been sick. We had a blast bowling and then a great time back at our house for a gourmet cook-out (thanks, Raymond!) and my fave Basket Robbins icecream cake afterward. Needless to say, we had a great time and didn't get to bed until the wee hours of the morning...but we were good girls/boys and got up in time for church! Sarah/Dave enjoyed our church. Afterward, I took them to our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, "Escalantes", and then we did some shopping. That evening, we went to a Super Bowl party at our neighbor's house a few doors down...and it was such fun!! We came back and played a game here, ourselves. This morning, Dave, Sarah, mad and I went out for breakfast + coffee and window shopped. Then, we walked by a few nearby small lakes, came home, and then went to the airport!

We already miss them!!! We hope they can come back real soon!!!!!

No comments: