Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tips are welcome...

It's proving to be a real challenge to be on some kind of "modified bedrest" while having a one year old. Especially yesterday, when I was in so much pain. Although Madison will soon start "school" a few days a week, I need some new ways to keep her occupied while she's at home...preferably ways in which I can spend time with her, but also lie down at the same time. We already watch lots of Baby Einstein, read and play with all of her toys. But her toys are starting to get boring...

Do you have any ideas? Any new toys that keep your kids really busy? Again, she's only one, so she can't sit down and color or do anything like that...

Let me know if you have any tips!

5 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

I am thinking.....my first thought was Baby Einstein....I'll think and see if I come up with any ideas. Ya'll are in our prayers.

The Arnold Family said...

OK, I've thought and I really don't know...I am trying to remember what the 1 yr olds loved to do when I worked at a preschool...I know they loved playdough, even though they really couldn't make anything, they loved to feel it and squish it. Also they liked those water color books where you just dip the paint brush in water and the page already has paint on it. They also enjoyed making sticker collages where they just stuck stickers on a piece of paper, sand boxes, and the really easy puzzles.
I am not all that helpful! I wish we lived closer so we could help!

Anonymous said...

okay, here's my idea......
Just a mom thought. Find a couple of your good friends, and either all of you could do this, or you could just do it. Have them bring over some of their child's toys, and you loan out some of madison's (obviously this might need to be done after the children go to bed) toys. Then when they get tired of those, swap/switch. Or if other mothers don't need to bring any more toys in, then maybe you could just borrow some. This doesn't cost money, and ever so often Madison will think she has new toys. Then you have switch them while girls are asleep. It might work for a while.
Honey, why are you in pain? what is hurting? Just one of my ideas. I'll brainstorm for some others.
If the moms are afraid of germs, clorox makes a "anywhere surface spray" that will get rid of germs on contact.
Let me know what you think.
Kim

The Arnold Family said...

There are also lots of fun internet games for babies/toddlers. Barney.com, fisherprice.com, disney.com, etc

Allison said...

My kids love the fisher price learning house. It is one of the few toys that they will play with (they prefer climbing and getting into things)...It's also 2 sided so when baby #2 comes they can play with it together!