Thursday, August 27, 2009

Please pray for Hunter's Surgery

I'm interrupting the (somewhat) order of my posts, as I had wanted to catch us up in succession via pictures. However, this is more important.

Hunter is having surgery tomorrow at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. We leave for Houston tonight and will be there until Mon/Tues. I'll have my laptop and try to keep you up to date.

We've known he would need this surgery since birth, but have kept it private until now. The surgery needed to be performed between ages 6 months - 12 months. The surgery focuses around his urinary tract. We have met with several Pediatric surgeons and feel the Lord has led us to a wonderful doctor in Houston. The surgery should not be long, but it will depend on what they find after surgery begins. Recovery will be long and uncomfortable.

I'm sure the experience will be harder on me, emotionally, than Hunter. Thank God he won't remember it! I'm sure the surgery will go well. I'm just nervous about the anesthesia and recovery. I cried myself to sleep last night thinking about seeing Hunter in his little hospital gown and having to say goodbye to him as he's wheeled away for the operation. I'll have to relinquish all control and protection on him, into others' hands. However, I know that God will keep Hunter safe in His arms when I can't be there myself. Thank you, Lord, for your tender care.

2 comments:

Trista & Chris said...

Praying for Hunter and for you!

Ariana Chin said...

I remember Eli had to go through an MRI when he was 7 months-old. He was under anesthesia too and I cried each time when I thought of the procedure. This is what Myrna (Mrs. Jagger) told me before his procedure, "Jesus will send his angels to the room and be with Eli. Don't you worry!!!" Really, that's what I clinched onto during Eli's MRI and recovery. I hope this will encourage your spirit. We are praying for you and Hunter. I will check your blog for the good news in the coming days! Hugs!!! ~Vinny =)