Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oops...

OK, true story:
Last Wednesday evening, I was telling Mark how all the moms at our Mommy/Tot swim lesson wear one pieces, but I was not going to be a typical MOM and so I was happy wearing my bikini. Karma struck me the next day. While bending down and walking Madison from the shallow end of the baby pool to the deeper end, my bikini top suddenly snapped off. It didn't just snap off gradually, where I could catch it by closing in my elbows. It snapped so quickly, that it swung up and wrapped around my neck like a scarf. Well, my initial reaction was to cover myself up. In the process of doing so, I let go of Madison. Decision - do I expose myself and rescue my drowning child, or do I cover up myself? Obviously, I rescued Madison, all the while appearing like I was at a topless beach in Europe. So then I got her situated with one of my arms, while wrapping my other arm around my chest. I yelled out, can someone help me? Well, that drew even more attention. I look down, and my arm is covering up only part of myself. Nice. Our college age swim instructor was so embarrassed. I was mortified and actually got tears in my eyes. Another mom grabbed Madison for me, while two moms came to my rescue, unwrapping my bikini top from around my neck and pulling it over my chest and around my back. They told me it was completely broken. So, I had them tie the back in a knot. The bikini was not too small for me, it was just a cheap one from Target. Serves me right, I guess. Oh, did I mention that not only were we a spectacle for all the nearby moms and dads watching their older kids in their lessons, but also there was about 5 other college age guys about 6 feet away from me in the big pool? Glad I could entertain. So what did I do? I stayed and finished out the class like a big girl. Then, I went to the mall and bought a one piece suit. HA.

3 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

that is hilarious!

Allison said...

That is soo funny! You are very blessed to have survived your pregnancy without strech marks or skin flab!!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! You just have to be the diva and show all the moms how thin and shapely you are! Beauty is vain! XOXO Reen