Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our trip to Illinois

Madison really prefered the larger animals to the smaller ones at the farm. She liked staring at the cows/bulls, but didn't really prefer the small kittens. Interesting, huh?
My grandfather, Danae, my Mom and Madison
Aunt Becky, my mom, Uncle Tom, me, Madison, Pappy and cousin Tara
Madison likes to climb in/on anything possible...here she is in our refrigerator...
Madison and Grammy out for a walk in our neighborhood
Amanda, Justin (my cousin), Danae and a very happy Madison...
Madison and cousin Ben
Madison and Uncle Charlie
Madison had tons of fun in Illinois. The trip was filled with lots of "firsts"... She got to meet many new relatives - great aunts, great uncles, second cousins, and her great grandfather! She also got to see many farm animals up close and sit in a real big tractor. I think I enjoyed watching her face more than she enjoyed the experiences! Overall, she did really well on the trip and we had a great time. However, we are definitely happy to be home now!
Madison has taken her first "steps" a few times now...although it's more like she steps and then dives into one of her toys. So, we'll see... Have I mentioned that she is 25 lbs now and 32" tall? I know, I can't believe it, either. She is at the 98 percentile for her age. The doctor estimates that she'll be between 5'8" - 5'10" when she grows up! Hard to believe, considering she didn't even show up on the doctor's charts for the first few months of her life.

I went to the doctor yesterday for a check-up on our current baby-in-the-making. The baby is doing just fine and heartbeat is strong. It will be 14 weeks old tomorrow! We will find out the gender on Aug. 26th. We are overjoyed with so much excitement.

No comments: