Thursday, July 31, 2008

What we've been into lately...

My first (currently) favorite toy...my jumpy blow-up fort!
It makes my hair stand up
My second favorite toy...my basketball hoop
What I did while Mommy was making dinner yesterday...(hey, at least it kept her busy!)
I like to poke out Tyson's eyes...every hour of every day...

Oh my gosh, it is SOOO hot here in southeast TX. I've lived in Florida and all over, and I can honestly say that this is the worst humidity in the USA. Hands down. It is suffocating!

We just got back from our wonderful playgroup, put Madison down for a much needed nap, and I wanted to update our blog. First, I checked my email...is it just me, or is anyone else inundated with Facebook friends requests? Seriously...this is about as much as I can keep up with, let alone a Facebook page? I just don't know...

Anyhow, aside from avoiding the steamy unbearable heat, we are doing well. Madison is everywhere. I mean, the only time I have to sit down is when she's taking a nap...IF then! She is walking everywhere. We laugh because she's so funny to watch...very unstable on her feet, still. She looks like a drunken sailor. It's hilarious. Gives us great entertainment during the evening! She is so busy and plays with every single one of her toys. When we move to our next house in a couple years, we will definitely have a separate playroom! So chasing her around is a little difficult while pregnant, that's for sure. I've been in lots of pain lately and have been warned by the doctor that I need to take it easy, or I'll end up in bed soon. (Actually, he said I need to be "a little paranoid, and a lot careful") And how does one "take it easy" with a one year old? Hmmm. Well, I will try my best because I definitely don't want to end up in bed for 90 days, as I did when pregnant with Madison. Besides that, we got new drapes in our dining room and breakfast room, plus roman shades in other rooms around the house. Ha, what big news. Looking forward to a neighborhood party this weekend...will be fun! Hot, but fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Kim Caulk Huston.....take it easy...as one who knows firsthand....with ALL 3 of my pregnancies I was in bed a total of a year. Just ask your mom. She knows the whole story. Your parents were in my wedding. It can be done. Try putting gates up and confining her to a large total proofed room and you can lie on the floor on your left side. take it from one who spent more time in bed being pregnant than upright. it might hold you off a little longer. but make sure you lay on your left side.
if you would like to email me I can help out with some other ideas.
mommy3kph@gmail.com
I'd be thrilled to talk to you.
Kim
Just ask your mom and dad to remind you who I am.