Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Letters from Mommy 1/5

To My Precious Baby Hunter,

YAY, sweetheart!!!! We did it! We made it to 2009!!!! Just like you heard Mommy always say we would do, right? We made our goal!! I am so, so very proud of us!

Mommy always told everyone each day that you and I had an agreement - you were not going to come out until 2009. And look - we really made it! I knew we could do it! I've had three doctors tell me they thought I was crazy for saying that...but, ahem...we proved them wrong! We prayed and worked very hard at it. Maybe we're both a lot alike...and both just plain stubborn, huh? We will see soon enough...

Sweet baby, I am so proud of you. You have put up with a whole lot during the time you've been growing in Mommy's tummy. You are such a strong fighter. I know that God has BIG plans for you, sweet boy. Mommy and Daddy feel so special to be chosen as your parents. We will do everything we can to honor God and raise you to be the man He intends you to be.

We've had some really scary moments over the last several months. Thank you for bearing with Mommy through it all. Although some moments were very frightening, Mommy never took her eyes off of God because I knew He would take care of you. I wasn't sure how everything would end up, but what I WAS sure of, was that He would show us a way to get through it all. And you know what? He has. Our God is so good. He has had His hands wrapped around your little body, protecting it inside of Mommy, this whole time.

Mommy and Daddy are so excited to meet you - a week from today! Unless you decide to come earlier. We are excited to finally breathe a sigh of relief...to see your sweet face, count your tiny toes, hold your tender fingers, and hug you tight. Until now, we've held you tightly to our hearts. We can't wait to hold you tightly in our arms.

Mommy has so much enjoyed this time I've been blessed to spend with you. I've felt so fortunate and have relished in the many times I've been able to see you in my tummy, focus on your movements, and hear your heart beat - more times than most mommies get to while their baby is growing! I will always hold those precious times dear to me.

So, one more week, little man. We can do it. Mommy and Daddy continue to pray that you will be a very healthy and happy baby. We can't wait to meet you soon, sweet boy.

I love you,

Mommy


To My Sweet Madison,

Do you know how much I love you? I just love you so, so very much, sweet girl. Mommy is so lucky to have YOU as a daughter! You are so special to us.

Baby girl, Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you. You have dealt with so many changes over the last several months. I am so sorry that you had to go through some scary and sad times being without Mommy or Daddy while we were trying to take care of Mommy and your brother. It breaks my heart that you have felt this way. But you have been so brave through it all! And we are so proud of you, sweetheart.

Since Mommy has been home from the hospital, I've had such a wonderful time with you! I feel blessed to be able to focus on you during this time before your baby brother comes. I've enjoyed the precious times we spend together, even though they always seem to be on the couch, huh? I've enjoyed our time reading books, building blocks, doing our art work together, and all of our many cuddle times.

You are my pride and joy and I love you with all of my heart. I can't believe how quickly you are growing. You are much less baby and more little girl! Mommy and Daddy love watching you read to yourself, make up long sentences, dance around the room to music, climb on anything and everything in our house, run as fast as you can, play hide and seek with Daddy, play peek-a-boo with Tyson, and constantly want to go outside and play - no matter what! You make us laugh. You fill our hearts. You are so, so special to us.

Pretty soon, you will be a big sister! I know you don't know what that means right now, but I'm sure you will quickly learn how to be a really good big sister to your brother. A few things will change around our house when your brother arrives, but one thing that will always remain the same is how much we LOVE you!!

I love you,

Mommy

No comments: