Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our first few days at home with Hunter

This little fella has brought so much joy into our lives. We feel so lucky, so blessed, to have him. To think of all of the miracles that happened to bring him into the world.

After we got home on Thursday and took a few key pictures, we enjoyed the afternoon and evening getting to know our new son. Mark's parents enjoyed spending time with their new grandson before leaving on Saturday. We're so thankful for their help with Madison and we know they're really going to miss eachother.

On Friday morning, we were asked to take Hunter in to the Pediatrician's office for a weight check. When we left the hospital, Hunter weighed 7 lb 1 oz. On Friday, he weighed 7 lb 3 oz - so he gained 2 oz, which is great! He had been getting enough to eat. (Typically, babies gain about 1 oz a day when they're this young.) My mom arrived on Friday and we were all so happy to see her! I'm so glad she was able to come back and help us. She, too, has loved every minute spent with her two grandkids. Since then, Hunter has been doing great. Nursing is going really well. We've worked hard at it and it's paid off. The only challenge is that he tends to be awake more and eat more often at night compared to during the day...so I hope to change that soon! Besides that, we are just plain exhausted. NO SLEEP whatsoever, as he eats about every 2-3 hours.

I'm so happy to be back at home with Madison, too. I've really missed spending quality time with her taking care of her as only Mommy can do. She has been really sweet with Hunter, giving him lots of kisses each day. Since bringing Hunter home, there are times when I look at her and think she looks so grown up - like a five year old little girl! Other times, I see her more as a baby herself, as she is only 18 months old. In fact, shortly after we returned home on Thursday, I had Hunter in my arms and I bent down to give Madison a kiss. Seeing my two "babies" together, for the first time I immediately said to myself, "Oh my gosh, what have I done!" Although it will be tough in the beginning, we're so happy our kids are close together in age. We look forward to our future!

Our little man...



How many people does it take to put together a Fisher Price grocery cart?

Thank you, Aunt Sarah and Dave, for my new toy! I've loved playing with it!


Our neighbor, Greta, with Hunter. Thank you for the delicious homemade chicken and dumplings dinner you brought to us!!

Chiling out on Mommy's bed...

Resting comfortably in Grammy's arms...




What a precious little face...


Grammy, Mommy, Hunter, Daddy and Madison


On Saturday, Clareanne and Raymond came to visit us from Houston! We love you!




Madison and Mommy

Tipping up Grammy's sweet tea...

Hunter's first bath...

1 comment:

The Barlows said...

Danae, Celeste here. I just wanted to say that Hunter is perfect, both of your children are absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to you little family, happy sleeping!