Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We're getting ready...

So much to do, so little time! Not really is the case any longer, thanks to my mom. She is Little Miss Productive, that is for sure. And for me at this time, is just what I needed. I am officially in major NESTING mode. Thus, the reason for my delay in blog posting. Lists, lists, lists of things to do, calls to make, things to accomplish before the baby comes. And, I am not kidding, EVERY single closet in my house is cleaned out, sorted through, and organized. Hunter's room is almost finished (good enough for now, at least). Hospital bag is packed (finally, I know. My doctor asks me every time I come in for an appointment if I have it with me), plans are in place for next week, and other outstanding household items are, well, no longer outstanding. (And why I agreed to create eight photography projects (photobooks, etc) for Christmas gifts, I have no idea...) All is done except for one tiny detail...choosing the baby's middle name. Yes, that IS a priority. But I HAVE been procrastinating. Tomorrow, I am going to get serious about choosing a middle name. :) At least, that is the plan... Any ideas are very, very much welcome! I like very cool, soap-opera esque names. Mark is more traditional. So, we're meeting in the middle. Not sure if we'll go with a family name or something else...

Sadly, my mom left on Sunday, but Mark's parents kindly flew in to help us out with Madison while we're on the home stretch here before Hunter arrives. They will be here for two weeks. And guess where Mark is these days? Right here, beside his very pregnant wife who was told "it could be any day" to go into labor? No, he is being brave. He is three hours away in The Woodlands (north of Houston) for work. I don't know what crystal ball he is looking in, but he seems pretty confident nothing eventful will happen causing him to miss the birth of his child. Let's hope his "gut feeling" is right. :) Meanwhile, it's me, Madison and his folks here at home until he comes home on Friday evening.

I am feeling so uncomfortable. I can't sleep. I feel like I have a rock-hard large bowling ball in my belly. Everything is very tight. Contractions happen all day long, but nothing regular. But...I am so happy because this means the baby is BIG and growing.

Earlier, I had been really sad that this pregnancy is coming to an end. Especially because this MAY be my last time being pregnant. Mark is done. I'd love to have one more. But, with my complicated pregnancies, we may need to just call it quits and be thankful for the children we have. Most of all, it's really tough for my family when I'm not able to be here and that wouldn't be fair to put them through it again. Bottom line, I'm praying about it - If it's the Lord's will we should have another child in the future, then I pray God put that desire in Mark's heart. If it's not the Lord's will we have another child, I pray He takes that desire out of my heart. Easy as that.

Call me crazy, but I just love being pregnant. (Yes, I know we've had a lot of struggles. But I have really, really enjoyed this pregnancy, despite all of our troubles.) I love everything about it - I love feeling the baby grow, seeing its progress, hearing the heartbeat, seeing my body change, etc. I think my big belly is the cutest thing ever and yes, I even think my clothes are cute. Perhaps I feel this way because for a while, I thought I'd never be able to become pregnant. But I just think it's great. No, I didn't particularly enjoy being on bedrest or in the hospital. But, it did gift me with some very precious times, being able to focus on my baby's movements, hear its heartbeat daily, etc. - things that I otherwise wouldn't have had the time to do as much as I'd have been preoccupied with all of life's other tasks. So, for these reasons, I am grateful for it.

Anyhow, NOW...I am ready. No longer sad about the pregnancy coming to an end. I'm ready to meet this little guy...and to get my body back to myself!


One of Madison's favorite toys - her Daddy's Blackberry...

Enjoying art time each day


I caught Mark and Tyson napping on the couch this weekend...so cute!


Madison loves playing in her little fort in her swingset.


Madison enjoys popping the bubbles more than pushing the lawn mower.


Oh, how she loves her bracelets!! She will wear her bracelets WHILE playing out it the mud.

Cute pink shoes to match her outfit...what a little fashionista.


Madison and Grammy enjoy putting on "makeup". She can put on powder, lipstick and eye shadow all by herself. Although, here, she's putting eye shadow on her head. We'll work on that.


They think this is hilarious...the things Grandmothers do!
And here we are, taken last week, at 37 weeks along.


Looks like a really big beach ball, no?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and I both...I really treasure the time of my two pregnancies and getting pregnant was/is a very difficult thing for me also. Just like you, I believe my children are God's miracles. (I can share more when we meet one of these days.)

I am so glad to finally read your latest blog postings. I know you must be busy preparing for Hunter but I actually thought you might be at the hospital already. You look fabulous!!!

BTW, Ariana wants me to tell you that it will be easy for her to remember Hunter's birthday since her Grandma Chin's birthday is on January 15 and Grandpa's (my dad) birthday is on January 16.

So happy to see that Madison is better and active again. I was deeply touched by the precious moments you posted and your letters to both Madison and Hunter. Your children are so blessed!

Will continue to check your blog daily and pray for you and your family. Happy 2009!!!

Blessings,

Vinny =)

Trista & Chris said...

Counting down the days! Praying for an uncomplicated arrival for little H! Hang in there, you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the name Hunter and think that DANE would go well with it! It is a variation of both Daniel and Danae and quite suitable for a soap opera name too! My vote: Hunter Dane Chipley! From Amanda (Faith buddy)