Saturday, January 10, 2009

Update 1/10

I went to the doctor yesterday for my last NST. That's right, folks. My last. Thank the Lord. We're almost there! What a long road. Do you know that I've been seen by a doctor over 90 times this pregnancy? That's major.

The test went well and we passed. Baby got a great score. His heart was fine. It decelled and accelled where it needed to, in appropriate reaction to the contractions I was having. I had to wait a long time to have a doctor approve the heart strip since I was having several contractions. There were many little ones and a couple big ones, but they didn't feel like I was in labor yet. But they didn't let me go without a firm talking to about when to come into the hospital. Basically, they said (as we already knew) it could be any day now, your body looks ready, all systems a go. If I have four contractions in one hour, go ahead and go to the hospital, straight to the L&D floor. Yeah, yeah. Got it!

Mark came home Friday afternoon and it's been wonderful to have him back home! I'm glad the training went well and he was able to make the full session without having to come home early. He absolutely loved it, said it was the best class he's taken and his team came in first place. Good job, babe! Since he's gotten home, we've run a few errands (yes, I got out of the house for a few minutes!), played with Madison outside, and worked on Hunter's room. It's been a group effort and Elaine and Dixon have been an incredible help as well. I have really cherished these last few days as a family of three...cuddling with Madison, taking pictures of just the three of us, reading to Madison and giving big kisses to eachother. I got a little weepy thinking about these precious 18 months that seem to have flown by. Although I am extremely excited to expand our family and welcome our much-anticipated and much-wanted little boy, I have greatly treasured our little family of three... Thus, I have soaked up these precious last hours of Madison as our first and only child.


Our family of three. ...okay, so my belly is totally covering up Madison's head...


I've been having contractions throughout the day, coming more frequently since this afternoon. Some are more intense than others and actually take my breath away, but most of them are very minor. Yeah, there have been more than four in an hour, but I don't know if I should just count the major ones - not including the shorter, less pressured ones. Maybe I should call the after hours nurse. I just don't think this is the real deal, I think it's those false contractions. I'll give it a little while longer.

That being said, I honestly don't think he's going to be born until Monday. I'm very excited to meet you, baby Hunter! Am I a little nervous? Of course. I mean, I will be cut in half, after all.

Also, we can't help but remember the memories of Madison's birth that are still fresh. We thought all was going to be fine; we'd hear "It's a Girl" and then immediately see a healthy baby in our arms! How surprised we were to learn otherwise. Of course, chances are that is NOT going to happen again. But, those memories are not ones you ever forget, is all. But, I'm sure all will be fine. God is GOOD and He is with us every step of the way!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them.
Were I to count them, they would outnubmer the grains of sand.

When I awake, I am still with you.

Psalm 139: 13-18

1 comment:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Congratulations on making it so far, way to go!!