Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Own Precious Moments

- Finally being able to get pregnant.
I know what it is like to be told you may not ever be able to have a baby.

- Meeting my baby girl for the first time.
I didn't know if this time would ever come in my life.

- Touching my daughter for the first time.
We couldn't touch her for the first few days, because she was in such a delicate state of health.

- Holding my baby for the first time.
I couldn't hold her until she was four days old, but at least I was blessed to have a baby to hold.

- When all wires/tubes were removed and Madison was first taken off of ventilation and oxygen.
I know what it's like to see your baby turn purple and struggle to fill her lungs with air.

- When Madison was first able to breath and later to eat on her very own.
We never expected our baby would be born with a lung disease or unable to eat.

- Watching my daughter smile and hearing her roar with laughter.
There's nothing better than that to cure a gloomy day.

- Watching the man I love being the best Daddy I could have ever dreamed of.
I am blessed to know what it's like to have such a good husband that loves our family.

- Getting pregnant a second time!
Especially when other fertility methods were failing and our success rates were decreasing.

- Seeing my baby son's face for the first time in a special 3D ultrasound.
Especially because they just told me that he may not live.

- Knowing that we've made it this far and our baby boy will be born next week!
We weren't sure we'd ever see this happy day.

No comments: