Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy 33 weeks!!

GUESS WHAT??? I just had the most incredibly enjoying, wonderfully happy, sinfully delicious afternoon ever...

I had PIZZA!!!!

And I didn't share with ANYONE!

The hospital food here just aint cutting it anymore. In fact, it has become so terribly unappetizing. I know I'd be eating more if I were at home. I'd been dreaming of pizza and cinnamon buns, among other delicacies. But guess what? I found out, upon asking at the nurses' station, that a few restaurants will deliver to my hospital room! (I first tried Pizza Hut, but they just wouldn't understand why I couldn't meet them downstairs...hello, it's because I'm pregnant and held captive to my bed.)

I ordered a large pepperoni pizza...that's all I wanted, nothing fancy....and when it arrived, I looked like a little girl on Christmas morning. I sat on my bed with drink beside me. Turned off my phone, turned on the TV, prayed for no interruptions, opened the box...and immediately ate 4 pieces of pizza. It was utter bliss. I haven't had pizza since September.

What a great way to celebrate reaching 33 weeks!! Together, Hunter and I had our very own pizza party (yes, I almost took a picture, but was too famished). Way to go, little boy! I'm so proud of you! We've been going strong here in the hospital for SEVEN weeks now.

Oh my. My life is awfully boring to warrant going on and on about food like this... :)

In other news, life has been very busy here on my hospital floor! Yesterday, we (love how I use the word "we") had one set of twins, one set of triplets and one set of quads (your friend, Allison! My nurse said all four were born healthy around 29 wks. In the nicu, but all breathing on their own and didn't require any vent!) born! And, my "next door" neighbor is going to have her triplets today in about an hour.

6 comments:

Trista & Chris said...

Congratulations! 33 weeks is quite the milestone for sure :) Glad you got to enjoy a meal for once...this post made me hungry for pizza too!

Jamie said...

Oh, I'm totally craving pizza now!

Anonymous said...

So happy that you've reached 33 weeks!! I know I am not the first one who said this, but I think I want to have some pizza for lunch tomorrow. =)

Ed and Jenn said...

Danae,

We met at Jon and Mary's wedding. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and Hunter. I normally just lurk (I hate that word, but I guess it applies), but wanted you to know that your post made me laugh out loud today....especially the part about praying for no interuptions. Still laughing. I am glad that you had a good day and have made it to 33 weeks.

Best,

Jenn Craver

AmazingGrace said...

Praise be to the Lord!

You have been made strong in Him (Philippians 4:13), and your reward was pizza! How wonderful! ;-)

Yes you can, Danae, because of Him. Hang in there! Not long now.

And though your bodily life may be boring, your spiritual life is budding! Look at this blog and all the loving connections, messages, prayers and goodwill! God surely has used you, sister, AND your little one, Hunter, to demo His love. You are a blessed bunch! Glory be to our Lord, Jesus! He is the Lord of revival and resurrection. In Him, we are restored and renewed.

Blessings all the way!

Grace

Allison said...

Wow! Lots of action on the floor! I'm so glad the quads were breathing well and healthy. I think Colina's and Southwells may deliver too so you may want to check that out. Food is often the highlight of my day and I'm not even captive in a hospital room, so don't feel too sad! :)