Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hunter's room

Recently, I finally ordered some furniture for Hunter's room. Of course, I have no idea as to when either piece will arrive, as I was graciously given a "narrow" window of delivery, being anywhere from 2-12 weeks. Wow, really? Thanks for the notice. If it arrives before Hunter is born - great. If not, no problem. I won't be able to do anything creative to the walls until afterward, anyway... Just so everything arrives. It was hard finding furniture to be delivered in our little town!





Prior to my bedrest days, I found a great variety of nursery bedding collections at a really cute store in our town. Especially since we're having a boy, I asked Mark if he wanted to pick out stuff for the baby's room and he said yes. (He also helped choose for Madison's room. I'm sure he would have been fine with leaving it up to me, but sometimes while pregnant, I find myself extremely indecisive...thanks, hormones!) I took pictures of ones I liked and this is the one that Mark chose.


Below are pictures of the furniture style I ordered, except I ordered them in Cherry wood. Pics aren't great quality, but they're the only ones I could find. The crib converts to a toddler bed, but not to a full bed like Madison's furniture. We didn't need it, since we have a really cute double twin bedroom set to use that we got from Mark's grandmother. Which is great, since that meant less money to spend!




I did splurge on a nice glider for his room...and I'm so happy about it. I had a glider I used for Madison, but it was a hand-me-down and its squeaking drove me absolutely nuts!! Also, this one reclines and is ideal for tall people, so I will be much more comfortable. (I tried it out prior to bedrest.) And since I remember spending what seemed like at least the first 4 whole months of my first newborn's life in the glider...this was a must! It will be one less hassle during 2 am feedings, no?


Finally, I desperately want to thank all of you who emailed me or left comments on my last post. So...this is where my honesty comes out and I tuck my pride away... For some reason, Saturday mornings have always been a little sad for me. I don't know why. Weekdays seem to go by much quicker here, whereas the weekend drags by. (Perhaps it's the whole work-week mentality I still have?) I just needed a bit of encouragement this morning and received it when I opened up my computer...God knew just what I needed, right? Of course, the alternative to staying here is not an option in my mind, but I just needed a little pep talk and cheering on. Just so some people out there actually don't think that I'm enjoying laying in this bed and that it is easy-living... So, thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bedding and furniture! Too cute! I am glad to hear that you are doing well!