Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve 2008!

Merry Christmas Eve! I hope your Christmas Eve has been filled with a warm sense of joy, peace, and the Spririt of our Lord Jesus today. I hope you've enjoyed the day with friends and family.

Poor Madison woke up with a high fever this morning. Mark took her into the doctor to discover she has both a sinus infection and ear infection. She did much better once she had medicine in her and finally started playing this afternoon. But tonight, she got sick after eating. My heart hurts to see her like this. She just looks so pitiful (very cute, but pitiful) and like she feels miserable. I wish I could take all of the pain away.

We've had such a wonderful time with my mom here. She is the queen of being productive! Everything is organized, ironed, cooked, bought, wrapped, etc. and we appreciate all of her attention to detail. (It's nice to have had both our moms here!) I don't know how she has so much energy to constantly run around, laugh, sing and dance with Madison all day long. It blows my mind.

Mark has been off of work all week and it's been so nice to have him here. He's enjoyed doing some projects, putting together Madison's new swing set, putting together Hunter's nursery furniture, and playing with Madison. And, he put up our Christmas tree. This year, we have opted to take a rest from decorating our tree. Hey, at least we have a tree put up! We've just had a lot going on this season...so are just relaxing and letting some things slide. I wouldn't do it every year, but I kind of like getting away with it!

Yesterday, Mark went with me to the doctor. The BPP went very well and all looked healthy in the ultrasound. Dr. said that he's not concerned about anything at this time and if I go into labor, he's not going to stop it. Amniotic fluid increased to 12! Yay! And, no restriction of blood flow in cord. Baby is breech and making me really, really, really uncomfortable. I can hardly move. And don't get me started on the topic of acid reflux or heartburn. We have to go to the hospital to get a NST (non stress test) on Friday. Another hospital? Is it necessary? Doctor says we can't wait a whole week until our next appointment, so since their office is closed on Friday, we'll need to get the test done at the hospital.

Oh, that reminds me...a couple nights ago at about 4 am, I got up to go to the restroom. Mark huffed and puffed, told me I was making too much noise and moving too much. I told him, "Shut up (I've never said that before). Next time you're nine months pregnant, get back to me on what's inconvenient to you." Conversation, over. I felt bad about it later, but not too bad... :)

Today we've been busy taking care of Madison, as I said earlier. I've done some more photography work on my computer. My mom has been cooking and baking all day...much to my utmost delight. And Mark cooked an incredible meal of Trinidadian chicken curry. It was absolutely to die for. Raymond, our former neighbor who's from Trinidad, has taught Mark how to cook several Trinidadian meals. We loved it! It was a great treat tonight.



Mark puts together the swing set

Weeeeee!! I love it!!!
Madison opens her Christmas jammies from Grammy (tradition my mom has done each year since I was little), while practicing her "Ho Ho Ho's" like Santa says, with Daddy.

...the stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

5 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

I read Jon the comment about the bathroom and he said he thought Mark was more intelligent than to make a comment like that :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Avery & Hailey said...

Ha! Sometimes men just need a reminder! So glad you are spending Christmas at home with Madison and are doing so well! What a wonderful blessing this season!! Merry Christmas!

Allison said...

Your tree looks beautiful even without the ornaments! We didn't even put one up this year- with the twins we sadly decided that it was more trouble than it was worth! Maybe next year... Merry Christmas!

Jamie said...

I'm totally impressed that you got the tree up! Good for you! The swing set looks like so much fun! Can't wait to bring Avery down to play. I hope poor Madison is feeling better and was able to enjoy Christmas morning!

Anonymous said...

Poor Madison...Is she feeling better now? Sinus and ear infections are so uncomfortable. I laughed so hard when I saw your comments to Mark. You know, when I was in labor with Ariana at the hospital, Bill always held my hand and kept saying in my ears, "It's okay, it's okay..." (Which I know he was trying to be sweet and helpful.) But finally his voice was becoming so annoying to me and I couldn't stand it any longer. I shouted at him, "Just shut up! Just hold my hand and shut up!!" I felt so bad because I never talked like that. We can laugh about it now. And of course, Bill learned his lesson and never said another word when I was in labor with Elijah! Please send big hugs and kisses from Ariana and Elijah to Madison and your mom. Hope you had a great Christmas day!