Thursday, December 11, 2008

Odds and Ends

Believe it or not, I've been so busy. Seriously, I have. Busy getting Christmas cards addressed, Christmas online shopping, and making photobooks among other projects on Shutterfly. Lots to do. At least I have the time here, no?! Anyway, this is the reason I've not posted much information lately.

Hunter and I have been doing really well this week. Few contractions and an uneventful few days, of which I am proud! With the prospect of going home this week, I was a little frustrated to hear of a different discharge date from each doctor...but more on that in my next post!

Yesterday, Hayden and Tana came to visit me! After a yummy Chick-fil-A lunch (surprise, can you tell that's my favorite?), we exchanged Christmas gifts. We have a surprise being shipped to them, so I can't say much about that yet... But Hayden is getting the Fisher Price Little People dollhouse this Christmas from someone else, so Madison gave her the matching SUV. Oh, how it brings memories of the old-school Barbie house with matching station wagon. Hahaha...

Tana has some inside connection with someone who sells "faux" (?) high end handbags in the popular Harwin section of Houston. I have had no such luck, but she works her magic. She got me two insanely real looking Coach handbags! One is a smaller black shoulder purse and the other is a cute large plaid bag I can even use as a diaper bag. I am in love with them because I never spend a lot of money on purses. Like, I even have a hard time buying a bag at Target. Whereas, my sister knows exactly which style designer bag came out which month...so funny. Hayden gave Madison the Fisher Price Animal Sounds Farm - she will love it.

And, get this...it SNOWED!!!! I am NOT kidding. It snowed early yesterday evening and off/on during the night here in Houston, but primarily stuck to the roof. It was so pretty to watch out my window and really, finally, "felt" like the holidays. It brought back dear memories of my home state of North Carolina. How I love it in the wintertime there. It was fun to watch with the nurses who came into my room to look out my large window. And, go figure, on the coldest day of the year, our hospital had no hot water and no heat! I slept with several blankets and a sweater with the hood pulled over my head. They're lucky we're all pregnant on this floor - can you imagine how much colder we'd really be if we didn't have all these hormones that make us hot? Needless to say, everything works now.

Most impressive...Mark called me this morning and said they woke up to 4 inches of snow back in our little town!! Seriously, this is unheard of. In southeast Texas?? It never happens. Would not have believed it myself, had I not seen pictures. (Thanks, Jamie!) Mark took pics, too, of Madison in the snow, of which I'm anxious to see.

Finally, I've gotten a few questions regarding the bread company (from an earlier post) from which I received a gift. It was the BEST BREAD I've ever eaten in my life. So fresh. The Mocha Chocolate Chip is my favorite. Anyhow, I'd gotten the name wrong, so here it is:
Bread Winner Breads in Atlanta, as featured on The Today Show and Food Network. A loaf of this delicious delight makes a great Christmas gift! I just ordered some as a thank you to my doctors.

Miss Hayden clowning around in my room
A beautiful Christmas picture I received from sweet Ariana. Thank you, Ariana! I loved the letter. And thank you for your beautiful family Christmas card!

Elaine brought me a cute little project to keep me busy...I felt like I was in a little art class, gluing the pieces on the bags, to make small candy favors for my nurses.


Madison's very first "school" picture!

1 comment:

The Arnold Family said...

You guys had snow and we had 70 degree weather and tornadoes in NC!! You probably used to know all about handbags and such before you were married with children. I know I did but then after I got married and had Vera...FORGET IT! I am into the newest Leap Frog toys and such :)