Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Update 12/17

I had a successful visit to my OB's office yesterday afternoon. It was great to see my usual doctor again. Thank the Lord, everything went well!

Biggest highlight:
Hunter will be born on Monday, January 12th at 11 am! (must do c-section)
...unless something comes up that requires us to push forward the date...which is possible.

Other highlights:
- Hunter weighs 5 lb 15 oz! (Just Thursday, he weighed 5.0 lbs! But, we know the measurement is with a 10% +/- margin of error.
- Amniotic fluid is 9.0: still low, but better than last Thursday!
- No blood obstruction in umbilical cord seen
- Breech, of course
- Gained 2 lbs. I now weigh just as much as I did on the day I had Madison! She was 5 lb 4 oz. No, I'm not saying how much I weigh, are you crazy?

I made 8 separate appointments before leaving the office... From here on out, my doctor wants to see me twice a week. (Their main concern now is level of amniotic fluid.)

Tuesdays = Biophysical Profile test (fetal ultrasound, specifically checking amniotic fluid, health of placenta and blood obstruction in the cord, baby's growth).
Fridays = Nonstress test for baby (heart monitoring for 20 minutes)

But, this week and next week we're doing them on different days, due to the holidays. Anyway, you get the gist of it.

Trying to relax so this baby doesn't come this week. Eating a ton of great food, as my mother in law is a wonderful cook! I am so happy to eat good, edible food again. In fact, I had waffles last night, and then woke up at 6 am ready to eat again...


Miss Madison has a fun time playing in her food...


Mmmm...spaghetti...if you can't tell... :)

Why she always tries to go in between furniture to get somewhere, I'll never know...

What's this sly look on your face??

Since this is my version of a journal, I just want to remember how cute your wet hair looks after your bath...


And this is when it dries right away! It's all over the place!


I love my Willow Tree Nativity set - my mom started it for me and each year, Elaine adds a new piece to it.

Hunter, here we are at 34 weeks along! You're getting big! Ok, I'm getting big, too.

4 comments:

Trista & Chris said...

awww you look so great and healthy! Glad you are doing well at home so far. Can't wait until 1/12!

Anonymous said...

Just finished talking with your mom not too long ago. There's no school at the preschool tomorrow due to possible snow/ice storm...again. Your mom told me Hunter will be born on 1/12 before I even got a chance to "stalk" your blog today. Anyway, you look wonderful and I am so glad to learn that Hunter is healthy. My dad is having eye surgery on 1/12 - so I will remember to say prayers for him, you, and Hunter.

Courtney said...

You look great! Love that belly!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday we were eating spaghetti and Ariana got some tomato sauce on her chin. Then she said, "I guess I look just like Madison right now, uh?" Elijah said, "No, Madison got sauce ALL OVER HER!!" I guess your family has become part of our dinner conversations. =)