Thursday, December 4, 2008

Update 12/4

Thank you to all of my friends who prayed for me yesterday and sent along kind, sweet thoughts. Even if we've never actually met in person, I still consider you a friend for "going through" this journey with us!

I'm sorry for not having posted sooner. Not that I am such an important person, but a few of my relatives may have wondered... But I am just now feeling soooo much better and wanted to take the opportunity to update.

I'm not completely sure what was wrong the last 36 hrs or so, but after three doses of anti-nausea medicine and some pain medicine last night, I feel much better now. It was awful yesterday - like laid-out-on-the-floor awul. Perhaps it was the flu or some type of stomach virus, but odd my back hurt so badly. Tested for kidney infection, but came back negative. Tested for liver infections, but have not received those results yet. Today, I can finally eat for the first time. Taking it easy in that department, although I'm famished. My back still hurts, but nothing too bad. During my last heart monitoring today, baby's heart looked fine, but I had five contractions. So, I'm drinking MORE water (OMG, really...I am floating around my room) and they'll monitor me again soon. They told me to let them know if I feel anymore contractions, but I didn't even feel those last five, so I don't know what to do...

Ok, just had another monitoring. Although rather strong, there was only one contraction, so that's great.

I saw the doctor at 9:30 last night and she gave me an ultrasound. Said she's not worried about the baby, that he is healthy.
- Baby is 4 lbs 8 oz (doctor said 43rd percentile, but according to babycenter.com, this is above average?)
- Baby is breech and not expected to change positions. C-section is required.
- Low amniotic fluid, measuring 6.8. They'll look out for that, but it's not considered too dangerous at this stage in the game.
- No blood restriction in cord
- Cervix real short (no surprise) at 1.5 cm
- Wants me to gain more weight
- Not sure if dilated any further since did not do pelvic exam

She said she feels I can go home at 34 weeks!! That is, unless something pops up last minute. They will do another ultrasound and a routine pelvic exam to make sure all is safe. If I'm dilated further, if amnitoic fluid is dangerously low, or if the baby's foot has decended down into the cavity, they will not let me go. I know not to bank on going home next week with 100% certainty, but I am very optimistic about it!!! I have a good feeling... :)

You know, unfortunately being in the hospital, I hear stories of both tragedy and happiness. Last night, while out of my room, I unfortunately heard of one of these fatal tragedies that was currently happening. I'm not going to go into more detail, but it was so sad. (Amazingly, the baby actually saved the patient's life as she was diagnosed with an unrelated life threatening illness after being admitted here.) My nurse kept asking, "Are you okay? I can't believe you just heard that!" But I told the nurse not to worry; just because it happened to this other patient, does not mean it's going to happen to me. I try to put it all into perspective. Each pregnancy is unique. I am in a hospital...therefore, everyone in here has problems...overall, the majority of the women out in the world have healthy, normal pregnancies and babies. So, I hold onto that. I don't feel like I'm "doomed" one way or the other. I have a lot of faith that all will be okay. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord.

For the rest of the day today, I am going to be disciplined and work on a few Christmas gifts on my computer. Oh, Madison is having a great week at school - no tears!


"Taking a child, He set him before them, and taking him in His arms, He said to them,"Whoever receives one child like this in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me does not receive Me, but Him who sent Me."
Mark 9:36-37

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Danae!

SOOOOOOOO glad to hear that you are better and Hunter is healthy. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness! Ariana sent you a Christmas picture and I just mailed it to your hospital address this morning. Stay strong and stay positive! The Lord is watching over you, Hunter, and your family.