Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Weekend

Out with the old, in with the new! By noon on Friday, I had people coming into my room wanting to see how I decorated for Christmas. Really? I could barely get my Thanksgiving decorations down. So, that's what I did...take the Fall decorations down and on Saturday, I put up some Christmas decorations. Before my mom left, she bought me some Christmas decorations...so I was prepared. Mark bought me a few more supplies as well. No, my room definitely does NOT look like a page out of a Pottery Barn catalog. It lacks that sense of maturity. I'd say the interior decorating is more "modern classroom", than "modern contemporary". It IS, however, bright and colorful...and looks like a big present. I'll show pictures soon. Also on Saturday, Mark had been to the doctor and was feeling much better. He and his dad began to tackle organizing our garage (it was just too hot this summer in Texas!) and putting up shelves. Yay! Finally!

Mark, Madison and Mark's parents came to see me on Sunday. We had a great time together and they were able to stay for a while. Soon after they arrived, we had quite an event, but I'll write about that below its corresponding picture. Together, we ate lunch, tried to get Madison to nap (at least she layed with me in the bed for about an hour), and they took me outside...but only for about 15 minutes because it was so cold!

Mark and Elaine were sooo wonderful, helping me to decorate... Mark bought me some rolls of wide ribbon, with which his mom made beautiful, big bows. Mark was my (very manly) interior decorator and kindly spent time meticulously pinning up swags of ribbon and bows to cover up my less-than-attractive window valances. It was so sweet. And he was very detail oriented. :)

Of course, my favorite part of the visit was spending time with my sweet girl. Yes, the prospect of rejection is always in the back of my mind. But, thank you Lord, she was not distant to me yet. We enjoyed cuddling on my bed and playing with toys. She was mostly into unconventional "toys" such as various packages of snacks and shiny candy wrappers. Hey, whatever works, right? I smothered her in kisses before she left. Tears immediately appeared again, knowing it will be a whole week (next Sunday) until I can see her again. That part just doesn't get any easier. It literally hurts to miss her. I just pray every night that she does not miss me.



Our little model

Wheeee~ this is fun!


Is this stick a little on the small side? Not sure if I need a bigger one...


And, of course, all dressed up and playing with rocks and sticks. Well, at least Mark will have someone to go camping with in the future...


Yes, folks, Madison was once in a pretty dress. Yes, she is, in fact, now wearing a t-shirt and a diaper.

About thirty minutes after arriving, Madison had a diaper explosion. All over her clothes. So, off came her outfit (and my bed linens) and on came a new diaper. We didn't have an extra change of clothes for her in the diaper bag, so I put one of my t-shirts (maternity, mind you) on her and tied it in back with a rubber band. Elaine washed Madison's clothes in my bathroom sink. Dixon then dried them using my hair dryer. It was, like, an hour-long a production.

Mommy and Madison right after they arrived

No comments: