Monday, December 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Ah...it feels so nice to be home!

I took a little break from posting on the blog, so I could spend some quality time with Madison, Mark and family. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching her play, say her new words, babble on and on, make her new animal sounds, read A LOT of books (me to her and she to me), run around, watch videos and cuddle, etc.

Friday was pretty busy as I said my goodbyes, filled out the discharge paperwork, listened to doctors' instructions and packed up (rather, watched others pack up) my room. Mark arrived in the afternoon and was happy to see that most of the packing and paperwork were already complete! I laid in the backseat the whole way home. We arrived home in the evening as traffic had been heavy heading back. When we walked in the door and called Madison's name, she looked at Mark and smiled really big. She then looked at me and a slight look of confusion crossed her face. But quickly, she smiled again and came running to us. She lifted up her arms, arched her back and wanted me to hold her right away. Oh, thank you, Lord, that she wanted to come to me right away! I just didn't know what to expect. Of course, I wasn't able to hold her, but gave her big hugs. It has been since October since I held her last...and probably won't be able to do it again until February?

On Saturday, Mark and his dad did projects around the house while Elaine cooked up a few wonderfully delicious meals. The house was decorated for Christmas and the smell of incredibly tasty food was in the air. ...It felt so "homey". Is that a word? Anyhow, that evening, Mark and Madison went to our neighborhood Christmas party at Jen, Mike and Charlie's house. They had a blast! They ate a great dinner, dessert, then the kids had a Christmas exchange. Madison gave a gift to Avery (Fisher Price Farm) and Anna gave a gift to Madison (jumbo building blocks - that she constantly plays with from morning 'til night). I wanted to go with them to the party so badly, but knew it was best for me to stay here on the couch.

Yesterday, Mark and his dad did more projects (they go to Lowe's like 5 x a day...Lowe's/Home Depot to grown men is like the mall to teenage girls, I personally believe) and our newly organized garage looks magazine-perfect picturesque. Madison also had another first - she ate spaghetti! Elaine's homemade sauce on the spaghetti did the trick. Oh, believe me, we've tried it in the past...but she has had an aversion to all types of pasta. I think she just didn't like the texture - too slimy. But after placing cut-up spaghetti on her high chair tray, she dug into it. We got some pictures that I'll post later.

Since the end of August, due to vacation, two hurricane evacuations and hospital stay, I've only spent 21 days at my house. Can you believe it? So, I am so happy to now be home. However, it is proving a bit more difficult in some ways to be home now. There are many more temptations to get up and walk around here at home, compared to in the hospital. Plus, it is difficult for me to rely on and ask other people to do everything for me. But I need to be disciplined and relax about it, otherwise this baby is surely going to come this week.

I still hadn't heard from my OB/GYN as of today (left msgs Thursday and this morning), so I went ahead, per the request of my Peri's in Houston, and made an appointment for tomorrow at 2 pm. I'll have an ultrasound and apt with my doctor. I guess I'll not hear until then what the plan of action is going to be...but I'll keep you posted!

Thank you, thank you, thank you...for everyone's kind, sweet messages on my voice mail, emails and blog. I love you all. It means so much to me. You know, I haven't heard from some of my relatives this whole time, but I have heard from complete strangers. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Mark does, too!

God is so good! I knew He would be with us all the way. We've still got a ways to go, yes. But I never doubted that He wouldn't lead us through this. I don't know how things are going to end. But, I do know that whatever happens, God will prepare a way for us to get through it. He always does. Thank you, Lord, for wrapping your arms around us. And for wrapping your hands around our baby boy's tiny body.

Trust in the Lord and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him. (Psalm 37:3-5, 7a)

Mark, Elaine, Madison and Dixon
Daddy and Madison ready to go to the neighborhood Christmas party!

Madison all strapped in and ready to go down the street!

A "one horse - child - open sleigh"?

Wheeee! See y'all later!

Madison and Daddy getting ready to go to the Exxon Christmas party.

Here we go on our Daddy/Daughter date!

Madison and Daddy in the snow last week!


Mark bundled up Madison and took her out in the snow before he left for work. With him in his Dungarees (he needed to be in the Chem Plant that day which requires a fire retardant uniform...very attractive!) and she in her mismatched outfit and hot pink cowboy boots, Mark said that all they needed was a double-wide in the background and they'd be set!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear you got to go home! Enjoy spending time with your family this Christmas!

The Arnold Family said...

Everything tastes better when Grandma makes it !!!!