Sunday, December 21, 2008

Our weekend

My mom got here on Friday afternoon - we are so glad she is here!! It's really nice to be home this time while she's visiting. Madison reached out for her and took to her immediately; it had only been about 3 wks since she'd last seen her, so she remembered my mom right away. They've been having so much fun together.

Last week, my brother-in-law, Ryan, sent me two beautiful bouquets of roses, a couple dozen in all. They are beautiful. He sent them as a welcome home gift to me and I was so surprised! It was really sweet. Also, the baby's NST (non stress test) went really well and we passed for this week - yay! Guess what? While sitting in the waiting room (my dr's practice is the largest in our town, so it's pretty big), a girl next to me struck up a conversation with me. She has a young daughter already and is pregnant with a baby boy, like me. Come to find out, we have the same OB and she's scheduled for a c-section on 1/12 in the time slot right before ours! How coincidental is that? Anyhow, my next appointment is on Tuesday. Mark is off of work all week (yay!) and will be able to go with me to the appointment.

For Christmas, Mark's folks, my folks, and Mark + I went in together and bought a swingset for Madison and Hunter (to grow into) to put in our backyard. We figured this would be ideal, since Madison is in love with playgrounds and especially because she climbs on every piece of furniture we own. So...we thought this would be a good decision to get now. We wanted something that would be age appropriate; not something small that she'd grow out of in a year, but also not a play system too advanced. So we decided on a Step2 durable plastic (we'd be able to move with it) swingset, with two swings - good for Mommy with soon to be two kids. :) Anything that can provide entertainment for the kids is good in my book! I think Mark was more excited about getting this than anyone else. He's been happily putting it together over the weekend.

Yesterday morning, Mark took Madison out to play...dressed in her pajamas, pink socks and tennis shoes. She would rather be outside than anywhere else. She could happily play outdoors 24/7, if you let her. As you can see, she had a blast playing in the mud. She loves rocks and dirt. She had quite the collection and quite the messy outfit and face. Thank goodness for stain remover and soap.

Thank you for my beautiful roses, Ryan!! This pic was taken a few days ago, but the roses are now huge - probably the largest roses I've seen. We miss you!!

Look at my new rock!
This is where I collect my mud and rocks.
Mess? What mess?

And see this one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madison looks so stunning with her beautiful curly hair down like these outdoor slide photos!

Danae, you look great! Can't wait to see photos of Hunter when decides to enter the world!

Happy holidays!
Jennifer