Saturday, October 11, 2008

All settled at home

Madison loves trucks...and playing with Zander and Elijah in Portland (Dave's cousin's kids)
Madison had nightly piano lessons with Papa...and he let her interrupt him whenever she wanted to, even if he was in the middle of composing music.
Madison's feet print as ghosts for Grammy's first pumpkin


Using Madison's handprints as a spider for Grammy's second pumpkin.

Madison's pink cowgirl boots - so funny to see her run in them.
All ready for school! Each Thursday, the kids wear their school t-shirts.

25 Weeks pregnant!
I think I'm almost as big here as I was when Madison was born! Although to date, according to the doctor's office, I've gained 8 lbs this pregnancy.


We are now fully settled back home in Beaumont. My, it feels great to be back home, although we do miss my family so much! My mom flew back with me and helped with the cat, Madison, and all our stuff - we were a traveling circus. She stayed for a few days and helped me tremendously. We organized closets, put away Madison's small clothes and got out new clothes for her, got out my seasonal decorations, and cleared the room that is now our office. We intend to sell the office furniture (so beautiful, but we'll have nowhere to put it) to make room for Hunter's nursery. We'll keep the other bedroom as our guest room.

Our week was filled with doctor's appointments, errands, phone calls, laundry, etc. Lots to do. I had an apt with my OB. Everything is fine. Had a fetal fibernectin test which came back negative (that's what we want to see). He wants to see me once a week now.
Madison had her 15 month checkup at the Pediatrician's office. All went very well and she's right on track developmentally, etc. She weighs just under 27 lbs and is 34" tall. She is at 100% for her height and 95% for her weight. The doctor said she is ideally proportionate and his advice was to buy her a basketball now...so that one day she may get a scholarship to college with it. :) Wouldn't we love that?

Mad is running, and I mean running, all around now. She just goes and goes. So much energy. She loves playing with Daddy in the evenings. They play chase and peek-a-boo and dance when "Dancing With The Stars" is on TV. She loves him so much. And, of course, she's the apple of his eye. We had a rough time two days this week in school...Madison did wonderfully the first day back, but the last two days, she cried when I left her and then cried again when she saw me to pick her up again. It killed me! It just ripped my heart out of my chest. I hated to see her cry and prayed that God would take her tears away. I know the best thing for me to do is just to keep taking her - and in time, she'll get used to the routine. She only goes for 2 1/2 hrs, as I pick her up after lunch, before their naptime. I take her home so she can nap longer here.

Next week is a busy week as well. Madison and I are getting our flu shots. We'll be in Houston for a few days as well for appointments. More on that later...we're off to another pumpkin patch with Daddy!
Oh, it was time for a new look in the header of our blog. Can't use the pink baby carriage any longer! Lindsay from Splatter Paint kindly revised the image - notice the double stroller? Super cute.

No comments: