Thursday, October 30, 2008

Update 10/30 12 am


***Highlights: Just a couple minor contractions. No heart dips in the first and second monitoring, but we did have a decelleration in the third monitoring. However, that decel was matched with many accellerations, so that was good that it readjusted itself and all got back to normal and was fine the rest of the time! My family received some unfortunate news; my mom's dad is in the hospital and we are praying for healing. My Dad's dad is going in for surgery this month - and is the surgeon's oldest patient, at 94 yrs old!

***I have read many of your sweet, encouraging, compassionate emails and comments this evening. I feel God strategically placed all of your emails or comments at the right time when we needed them. I will respond.

After my breakfast this morning, we did another heart monitoring for thirty minutes - and no variables (dips/decels) - yay! Then, I contacted CBR, as Mark and I are big advocates of banking your baby's cord blood. We were so happy we did it with Madison and now want to have it done with Hunter's cord blood. We are big believers in it and are amazed at the advancements made year after year. Having talked to so many people in the morning about the current situation, I was feeling a little drained going over things time and time again. So, I decided to give myself a little break from my computer or the TV, but to simply read a book in between my nurses' visits.

I began reading a book my sister sent to me...we both love that show "Jon & Kate + 8" and Sarah sent their new book to me. I recommend it, if you're a fan of the show. It was a great, easy read - and I was actually really impressed with her openness of what it means to be a Christian, etc. She gave a great testimony in it. And, it talked a lot of being on bed rest in the hospital and going through things where it's life or death and completely relying on God. It was a hilarious book, yet so encouraging. My cousin, Nicole, told me two weeks ago that she emailed Kate to tell them our story with infertility and now with this - I was shocked! I thought that was so sweet of Nicole to do! (Have you ever watched the TV show on TLC that follows Jon and Kate - 17 kids and Counting with the Duggar family? I think it's funny that Michelle Duggar (with 18 kids) and Kate Gosselin (with 8 kids) are both great Christian women, but with WAY different personalities! Almost night and day.

Today was Madison's Fall Party at her preschool! I USED to be the room mom in charge of the party planning...but that came to an abrupt halt when I was admitted here...so my mom stepped in and joyfully helped! They party sounded so sweet and fun and age appropriate for her class. It looked too cute. So glad they had fun. But of course, after hearing Mad's voice in the background, planning out her outfit, preparations for the party, etc. it only made me desperately want to be there as well. Just one more thing I'm going to need to miss.
Toward late afternoon at the end of the day, it was getting pretty lonely in my igloo here, although I have what's known as the best view from a room here. Of course, they probably tell all bed-bound people that - how would we know any differently?

So...Who surprises me with a much needed visit, but my husband, my sweet Madison, and my Mom?!? I immediately started to cry out of pure joy. It was amazingly wonderful to see them, and together, we recharged our batteries. My second thought was bittersweet. I am so happy to see them come, but it makes me realize the true depth to which I've missed them! And, hard to think I will have to say goodby AGAIN...and do this over and over. At least I didn't have to wait a whole week this time to see them, though!

We played together and ate together. We had a few good laughs and planned out our little weekend here in this fabulous hospital...Oh, I relished in watching madison. Again, she liked to build things and stack them. She liked to play with toys around the room. She liked the special icecream mommy and daddy ordered for her. I was afraid she would look like she'd grown too much too fast...but she still looked like my baby. I just love her so much. My cup overflows. When I know they are about to leave, I try to drag out that process. I spend time singing a few songs with Madison. Then I tickled her belly and squeezed her legs. I counted her teeth. Then we gave eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses. And then i just smothered her with kisses all over her face, trying to remember every second of the feeling so that I could tuck away that memory in my pocket as to save to use again at a later date. My heart, that was once again full when they arrived, is now yet again torn into two. They take one of those pieces with them each time they leave. I know they will have a very fun and happy day tomorrow celebrating Halloween and I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it when they come to visit me on Saturday.

Thank you, Lord, that we could be together tonight!
And thank you, Lord, for helping us sell our beautiful office furniture to make room for a baby's nursery! Who knows when we'll be able to buy any baby furniture to put in it, but that's okay...








2 comments:

AmazingGrace said...

Dear Danae, we are a team of prayer warriors and we received a prayer request through your mom's friend in Oregon. Just want to let you know that we're uplifting you, your baby Hunter, and your entire family before the throne of the Lord, asking for His faithful protection and keeping of your situation. May you remain strong and trusting in Him!

Also want to let you know that we had a very similar case in our network only a few months ago, and our sister would like to share with you her story from preterm labor to delivering the preemie and beyond. Please read her story at this prayer circle link:
http://community.amazinggracecoach.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=60&start=0&

We started a prayer circle for you and it's at:
http://community.amazinggracecoach.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=78&start=0&

May you experience God's grace every step of the way as you wait on Him and walk with Him closely each day.

Jesus said, "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." (Matthew 5:5). Reading your journals, one can see that you have a meek, lowly and serving heart. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, we bless that you inherit all that God has intended for you to have on earth and in heaven, especially your previous baby Hunter! Amen!

May peace and joy of the Lord be with you always.

Grace

Anonymous said...

Danae,
I felt so helpless after reading your last few entries. I prayed for the Lord's directions as to how I could help you. I remember you said it's okay to share your prayer requests to others because you are not hiding your struggles. Therefore, I remember my friend Grace (who posted just before me) who is a coach and counselor and I am one of the prayer warriors in her prayer team. (Grace and I went to high school together and she just had her third baby 10 days ago.) Anyway, Grace checked out your blog and started a prayer circle for you and Hunter. Also, she said one of our prayer team members had a similar situation like yours and she would like to connect with you. Therefore, you can follow the links Grace gave you if/when you have time and if you want to. I will continue to uplift you and Hunter in my prayers. You are a very strong and brave woman and you can always draw your strength from the Lord.

Vinny (Ariana & Elijah's mom...Elijah is in your mom's class currently and Ariana was there 3 years ago.)