Thursday, October 23, 2008

A profound thought...

My good friend, Mary Arnold (who is married to Mark's best friend and college roommate), emailed an awesomely profound thought...

She wrote:

"I read your thoughts and I can not imagine. I just cry and cry reading your words thinking of it were Vera (her daughter). You're right, I think only someone who has experienced a mother's love can truly understand how little ones can just rip your heart out. It also makes me sad because it makes me think, is this the way Jesus feels when we stray from Him?"

WOW. I froze and got goose bumps. If you think about it, it's probably more than true. When we stray from the Lord, as our Father, it must just absolutely break His heart...He must miss us so... And I've only seen a glimpse into what this could feel like, each time I'm forced to be without my daughter. The pain is indescribable. And could we inflict that pain on Him? Immediately I was like, "oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry - I know how it feels, God!"

But seriously, that's something to think about.

1 comment:

The Arnold Family said...

WOW! Thanks, I totally didn't mean to be profound :) I think that may be the first time ever :)