Friday, October 31, 2008

Letters from Mommy 10/31

To my precious baby Hunter,

Congratulations, my big boy, you are 28 weeks old today!! You stayed in mommy for TWO more weeks since we’ve been in the hospital!!! Do you know how PROUD I am of you? Today, I celebrate your life inside of me. These have been one of the best, most precious times of my life, sweet boy. Thank you, baby Hunter, for making Mommy so happy.

See, not too long ago, the doctors told Mommy and Daddy that we had less than a 5% chance of getting pregnant. God worked a miracle inside of me and created you. Mommy has loved, loved, loved being pregnant with you. It is so wonderful and I will never take it for granted.

Since we’ve been in the hospital, we’ve had some real quality time together. This has been such a special time that God has given Mommy because He has allowed me get to know you. I enjoy every moment with you. Even though we’ve not yet met outside of Mommy, I love you so much. Even though I don’t know exactly what you look like, I’ve gotten to know many things about you. I know your kicks. I know your hiccups. I know your movements and where you like to lay in Mommy. And, sweet boy, I know your little heartbeat, as I get to listen to it several times a day. I’m just so happy that God has let you grow inside of Mommy. I feel so blessed to have these 28 weeks. And, I promise, I will do my very best to keep you safe.

Hunter, I’m so sorry that Mommy’s body is failing you right now. I am so, so, so very sorry. I hope you are not hurting. But, I know that God has your little body curled up in His hands right now. I know that He will protect and comfort you. You were His, first, before He gave you to me. And I know that He has BIG plans for you.

So keep staying strong, ok? And keep growing, my love. Everything is going to be alright.

I love you,

Mommy


To my precious Madison,

Hello, my sweet girl. I love you so very much. I hear you had a very fun time Trick or Treating tonight! Mommy wishes so badly she could have been there, but I’m so glad that you had such a good time with all of your friends in the neighborhood, and that’s what matters most!

I was so happy to be able to see you last night. Each time I get to see you, my heart fills with joy. Oh, how I wish I could see you more often. But, I am thankful for these special visits I have with you. How I used to take for granted seeing you every day; now, I would do anything just to see you more than once a week!

We had a special time together. You showed Mommy your new tricks. I got to see how you lift your little legs up and march to music. I got to see how fast you are now running. And, you ate all of Mommy’s ice cream! I could just watch you all night; it’s like I don’t want to take my eyes off of you, so I can remember everything to last me until your next visit. My favorite moments were cuddling together. The only way you would sit still next to me is if I played your Baby Einstein video. But, that’s okay – at least you were next to me. I got to caress your soft face. I got to squeeze your round cheeks. I got to kiss your tiny fingers. I relished in the time when you reached to hold Mommy’s hand. I deeply breathed the scent of your freshly shampooed hair. I kissed you all over your face. I hope you know how much you are loved. You are so special.

Honey, I know this time is a little hard for you right now and you may be scared that Mommy and Daddy are going to leave you. Grammy told me how scared you get whenever someone new comes up to you. And I’m so sorry that these past few months have been so uncertain for you, first with our hurricane evacuation to two places and then with Mommy’s hospital stay – you’ve been handed to a lot of different, unfamiliar people. But Mommy and Daddy would never let anything bad happen to you, we promise! We will always do our very best to protect and take care of you.

So don’t be scared, sweet girl. Continue to be a good girl. Everything is going to be alright.

I love you,

Mommy

No comments: