Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Doctor's Update 10/22

Highlights from doctors:
- Doctor's Orders for Patient, written on my chart: "Stay Pregnant"
- Doctor's Orders for Nurses, written on my chart: "Keep Pregnant"
- Just lie here for two more weeks and then they'll assess several things to see if stable enough to resume strict bedrest from home. May have to stay here for at least another month, however. Maybe longer. We just have to take it week by week.
- If no negative activity in the uterus, then no plans to go ahead and take the baby. So far, so good.
- Basically, I am to "lead as boring of a life as possible for the next two to four weeks." (Ok, well get me some sand, and ocean and a cocktail and we're talking!) No activity and no drama. Try to reduce any stress on the cervix. Did you know that the amount of gravity the uterus places on the cervix is the same no matter if you're walking through the mall or sitting in a chair? Therefore...I'm laying down a lot.
- My IV's got removed today!! I don't have to drag around my gigantic IV pole everywhere I go (which aren't too many places, but still annoying just to drag into the restroom or shower).

No comments: