Saturday, October 25, 2008

Update 10/25

It looks like such a pretty day outside. I wish I could enjoy it! But, I will admire the weather and clear skies from my window.

Hunter was on the monitor for a few hours this morning/early afternoon, actually. During a routine monitoring, the nurse noticed a few times where his heartbeat dropped pretty low. This was due to umbilical cord obstruction - probably because of his position (he would sit on it) or it was getting tangled around him and compromising his oxygen. So, instead of staying on the monitor for our normal 30 minute increment, I was on it for a few hours. His heart dropped a couple more times, but then it remained constant for a long enough period of time. We'll check it again soon, but they said there's nothing to worry about. I contracted three times in an hour for about 40 seconds each time, but again, nothing to worry about.

Just got monitored again now. Baby doing fine and no decelerations. Few contractions, no worries, just need to be tuned into that.

My former neighbor in Katy, Danielle, visited me today for a couple hours. She generously brought me an adorable pumpkin basket filled with goodies and reading material. Thank you, Danielle!! We had a great time catching up on the latest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Danae!
I am praying for you and Hunter to have a restful time in the hospital and that all will go well for both of you. We love you, Aunt Laura and Uncle Roger