Friday, October 31, 2008

My Prayer

Dear God,

Thank you that I can cast all of my worries and cares upon you. Thank you that, for when I am tired, you carry the heaviest part of this burden for me. Lord, I know you have a plan for us. You already know how these coming weeks are going to play out. And I’m so thankful for that. God, when I feel like I am so drained, I just picture you behind me, steering me by the shoulders and guiding me. And when I really don’t have the strength to walk upright, I picture you just scooping me up and carrying me for a little while.

Thank you for giving us peace, comfort and optimism, Lord. Thank you for our friends who so selflessly pray for us to receive these gifts.

Most of all, I thank you for the gift of hope. I will never ever lose hope. To lose hope would mean to give up on my son. And although I've never seen him, I will never give up on him. Thank you for always providing me with enough strength and perseverance.

God, I pray for my husband right now. Thank you for blessing me with such a loving husband. Right now, he doesn’t lead onto it, but I can only imagine what he may be feeling right now. Lord, you know his heart. Please, please protect his feelings right now. Please protect his heart. Please help him not to hurt. Please take away any fear or burdens he may feel right now.

And Lord, I pray for our precious daughter, Madison. It hurts me to see her being affected by this. Please help her not to be scared. Please give her comfort. Lord, I know that she was yours, first. You graciously are letting Mark and I raise her in this world and enjoy every minute of her. But because she is your child, I know that you love her more than I ever could. And I know you will protect her. I thank you.

Father, I lift this little baby boy up to you right now. Oh, how I love him so much and yet, I’ve never seen him. I still thank you so very much for making me pregnant. I have loved every minute of it. Yes, even through the hard times, I still love being pregnant. Thank you for giving me the opportunity. Lord, please, I pray to you with a heart that is literally crying at the top of my lungs out to you. Please, please help this little boy to live. Please help my body to hold out long enough for him. Lord, thank you for allowing me to be in the care of these wonderful doctors, but I know that only you can heal.

Please do your will. I trust in you with all of my heart. You have proven to me time and time again that you are so faithful. Thank you for giving me peace. And I know, like I’ve written to my kids, that everything is going to be alright. Because you walk before me. I don’t know what’s going to happen, but you do. And I know that you will provide a way through it.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: