Friday, October 17, 2008

Update 5 pm

Madison's EEG went well. She screamed while they put the leads over her head, but Mark got her quieted down a few minutes after they were finished with that part. In two minutes, she fell asleep. Thank the Lord! They were able to get through the whole procedure. Mark wasn't able to talk to a doctor today, but was told we'll get the results back by Mon/Tues and will get a call from her doctor. So thankful it went well and anxious to know further info.

I'm going into Woman's hospital of Texas, Houston tonight. My heart is so torn. I know this is best, of course. It's just hard to see and leave my little girl for so long. I know it's just temporary, but right now, 3 months seem so long. And I think of all the little things I won't be able to do with and for her as the holidays approach. Even just simply to comfort her when she needs it. I think I need her more than she needs me, though! :) She will be in great hands, we know. Friends and family are coming together to help us. Mark was able to get the weekend off. Madison will stay with Tana in Houston this week. My mom will fly in on Friday. Mark will pick them up in Houston and take them to Bmt. Mom will stay until Nov. 26th. Mark's parents are flying in Nov. 25th and will stay til Dec. 19th. My mom will fly in Dec 19th and stay - not sure how long. That's the plan as of now.

3 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Danae,
I'm a friend of Allison's. My twins were born at Woman's in Houston at 25 4/7 weeks. You will be in great hands there. I was also far from home since we live in CS but I didn't have a little one at home. I'm praying for you and your little one! Hold tight, you will be in great hands at Woman's!

Lindsey

"God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;"

(Psalm 46:1-2)

Anonymous said...

Honey, I love you and am praying for you. It isn't going to be easy honey but you can do it. I know it doesn't make things any easier, but I when we were living in Florida, my in-laws had to come down and get James, my oldest son, and take him back to Atlanta with them for 2 1/2 mos while I was on bedrest with Lauren (my middle child). I know I wasn't in the hospital, but I was away from him and he was 2 states away. I just read this to my mom and Aunt and they are praying for you ALL.
Please email me if you ever need someone to email and listen to! Because I DO UNDERSTAND Danae.
Love you
Kim

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Hang in there. I am more than happy to help in any way I can. Whether it be watching Madison, going grocery shopping, etc. I will talk to you soon. We are thinking about you and praying for you guys.
Love,
Jenny, Brad, Emma and Cooper