Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My new room








Here are pics of my new room (my Grandpa and Grandma requested pictures). I am now in room 310 (they'll redirect any mail to me here). It is about twice the size of my old room and has a larger bathroom. I was all settled in my old room and didn't know if I should move when the nurses offered me this room yesterday. But then they said, "Since you'll probably be here through the holidays, it may be nice to have more room for family"...Gee, thanks. But, then I thought about it and agreed that it was actually a good idea - just in case I am here and we have a very unconventional, yet happy Thanksgiving dinner in the hospital...
It is decorated and looks so cute...at least the big grey walls don't seem so cold. I have fall leave garland, picture collages, pumpkin borders (that I drew and cut out of scrap paper I found), bible verses, Halloween decorations, candles and flowers all around. The nurses and doctors have given lots of compliments and are very happy I'm "coping so well" (what else am I going to do? NOT going to get depressed here!) and "making myself at home" (well, I pay enough "rent" here, so why not?!). Pics are hard to see because I only have my cell phone camera - I gave my big camera to Mark to use for this Friday's Halloween party back home.
If anyone nearby has any extra seasonal (or other) decorations they're not going to use, I'd love to use them! These walls are pretty large, so I'd love to fill them up! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Danae, I'm a friend of Courtney Latta's and I've been following your blog and your journey. My husband and I are remodeling a house and I have to say that your room looks WAY better than our house! You're such a trooper. I say a prayer for you and your fam daily.