Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chick-fil-a, Seasonal decorations and my beautiful roses

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life! Today, Lynn Marsack, my former neighbor in Katy, came to visit me. She brought me my very favorite...Chick-fil-a. I mean, that is one awesome chicken sandwich. Baby and Mommy were very happy. :) So sad when food is the most exciting part of my day, huh? She also brought a Halloween-themed bag filled with magazines, snacks, candy, and a cute Halloween decoration for my room. It was so nice of her! She stayed for about an hour and a half and we had a great chat. Good Luck this weekend, Lynn!!!! She is running a triathalon in Katy on Sunday. Oh my gosh, if I even ran down the hall, I'd have this baby. I can't imagine running a triathalon.

My room is becoming much more personalized with my new decorations...

THANK YOU....

Thank you so much for the beautiful bouquet of roses, Stacie!!!! And give your family a hug from me!

My beautiful little rose garden...I'm a lucky gal!

I kept busy the rest of the day...yes, aside from eating mounds of food. I've caught up with several people on the phone, took care of my plants/flowers, have worked on a few photography projects, done some research on my camera, and of course - caught up on my Hollywood gossip.

Doctor's orders today...Stay horizontal. Hmmm, nice. How exciting.

Before I go to eat...again...I want to update you on Madison's EEG results. I've called the Pediatrician's office each day...NO results yet. I called Texas Children's neurophysiology department yesterday and found out the neurosurgeon read the tests and they mailed (snail mail!?) the results to her Pediatric office. So, we are to wait for the Pedi to look over the findings and call me. I still call each day to follow-up, just in case. I'll let you know if I hear anything tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danae,

I've spent all night catching up on your blog. Being so busy with the college life really gets me caught up in my own world. I'm sorry I haven't written sooner. I want you to know that I have always looked up to you as a strong, caring, compassionate, motivating woman who has so many accomplishments! What an amazing life you have lived already, and there is so much more waiting for you just around the corner! I wish I could be one of the "surprise" visitors at your door...if I could, I would. My heart goes out to you. Know that reading your words has reminded me once again that God really does have everything in control. Your willingness to look at the blessings in your life through the struggle is encouragement to all who read. Have a great day tomorrow, eat some WONDERFUL hospital food, and keep Hunter INSIDE!!!

I love you always!

Cousin Tara