Monday, October 27, 2008

Letters from Mommy 10/27

To my precious Madison,

Daddy picked you up from Miss Tana's house on Friday afternoon. He was so excited to see you again, that he left work really early so he could see you sooner. Together, you went to the airport to pick up Grammy. I know you remembered her right away. Grammy is going to take care of you at our home for a little while, while Mommy is away at the Hospital in Houston. And, Daddy is going to be at home, too! You will all have a lot of fun together. Before going back to Beaumont, you came to visit me in the hospital. Mommy had more toys for you to enjoy here. You ate all of Mommy's Chick-fil-a! Mommy was sad when you left, but I knew I would see you again soon.

Daddy told me that you were really excited to be back in your own home. He said that your favorite thing about being home was seeing Tyson! He said you have chased Tyson around, offered him your little toys, and your new thing is "plucking" his hair out. Know what? He just lets you do it. He loves you so much. You both are buddies.

You came to visit me on Sunday. Again, you found lots of things to play with in my room. But we had to make sure you didn't keep pushing the Nurse's call button...that was an attractive button, huh? After lunch, Grammy and Daddy helped decorate my room a bit more. You cuddled for a while in bed with me. I loved every second of it. We sang "If You're Happy and You Know It" over and over again. You are really good at the motions! You kept letting me hug and kiss you all over. Soon, you needed to leave and Daddy packed you in your stroller. Mommy's heart gets sad and my throat feels tight when I see you about to leave. Only because I know how much I will miss you until I see you again next week. I can't wait to see you again, baby girl! I know you'll have a wonderful week back at school!

I'm so glad your cold got a lot better today after Grammy took you to the doctor. I hear you over the phone and it tears my heart in two. I want to be there taking care of you, in all the little ways only your Mommy can. I also need to stay here to take care of your little brother. So, I've made sure Grammy knows what you like when you are sick and what medicines to give you to make you feel better. She'll take good care of you.

Mommy was doing really well today. Miss Greta came to visist and I got to change to a new room that is really large! Now, when you come to visit me, you'll have lots more room to play and run around! Brother is very healthy today, so that makes us happy! God is protecting him.

Grammy called me to say how beautiful you are when you sleep. I could immediately picture you in my mind, sleeping on your side, up in the corner of your crib, holding onto your puppy. Your curls fall on your face, you skin looks so smooth like porceline, and your little breath going in and out. After Mommy got ready for bed, I stopped at your pictures taped to the wall and unexpectedly started to cry. My heart feels empty without you. You are getting to be a big girl, but I still see my little baby in you. I run my fingers over each photograph. I imagine counting your teeth, I imagine squishing your soft cheeks. I imagine squeezing your cute thighs. I imagine feeling the top of your sprout-like pony tale. I see how you look at me in those photographs in a very special, happy way. Although we can't be together tonight, we have a big treasure - we can dream of our times together at night. And precious girl, I will dream of you each and every single night.

I love you,

Mommy


To my precious Hunter,

Sweet boy, you make Mommy laugh! Your hiccups, your sudden jerks, your kicks are so fun to feel. And you have a lot of energy sometimes! When we're trying to get you to be still, you always end of creeping away and then hiding, making it hard for us to find you for the monitors!

Sweet boy, we had a great day today! After having been in our old hospital room for 10 whole days, we got to get in a wheel chair and move to a new, bigger room! We decorated it together. And you definitely had an enjoyable dinner!

Sweet baby, sometimes Mommy gets sad because I miss seeing your sister, too. I just love you both so much. It is hard to be with one of you, yet be away from the other. One day, you will understand. But just becasue Mommy cries because she misses sister, does not mean I don't want to be here with you to take care of you and make you safe. I will always be here, right here, for you until you are healthy and it is perfectly safe for us to go home. Mommy will try not to cry so you don't get sad or stressed, either.

Baby Hunter, Mommy and Daddy truly believe that God has a specific plan for our family. We have seen it from the very beginning! We actually weren't supposed to get pregnant with you, without help from the doctors. It took a little while, but then God specifically put you in Mommy's belly! Since then, we've taken good care of you by seeing top doctors who check on you and see your growth. You've done so remarkably well - ahead of the curve! And now, even though mommy's body is having some issues, we know God is still in control and has a big plan for us. We will trust Him and he will take care of us. We are so proud God chose us to be your parents!

Enjoy a good night's sleep in our quiet room...We love you, little man.

I love you,

Mommy

No comments: