Monday, November 17, 2008

11/16 Update

I miss those soft round cheeks!

31 days here and counting!.... Oy....
This morning when my doctor came in, he asked for permission to take pictures of my room. He said he wanted to use them as examples to students, nurses and other patients of how environment has a direct effect on patient attitude and therefore, health of patient and their baby. Boy, was I flattered. My colorful, cheap art supplies craft-induced room got some major compliments! The doctor explained how they see many patients become depressed/anxious after being here after 2-4 wks, giving up, harboring anger and resenting even the doctors. This can directly effect the health of their babies, too. Well, I told him that I, too, have my bad days...but if I can avoid getting the blues, I was definitely going to try my best - even if that meant decorating my room like a Kindergarten classroom. :) At least the walls aren't gray.
He gave us a great report. Baby is looking healthy according to the heart monitor. So far, I've not had any contractions today. As of Friday, I've gained 3.5 lbs in two weeks, putting me at an almost 14 lb total weight gain. The doctor said he's not worried, the baby is growing appropriately - he just takes a lot from me - to which I said, "So it's a win-win situation for me, right??" The dietitian has recommended I drink those high calorie protein shakes in between meals...so that means the "old people" drinks like Ensure...not the "meat-head" Createne shakes (used for after lifting weights) as Mark has suggested...oh my. Sure that would be good for the baby. :)
Does not look like I'll be having trouble from here on out in the weight gain department...as I look like I gained 5 lbs in the last two days...even a nurse commented on it tonight...to prove it, today, I needed to order some bigger pants from Old Navy...the current pairs are just getting extremely tight...Oy...

1 comment:

Celia said...

Hey

Glad to hear that everything is looking good. Sorry I missed Saturday but it sounds like ya'll had a great visit. Anyway if you need any more cheap art supplies I will be glad to get you some more.

Talk to you later,
Celia