Thursday, November 13, 2008

Letter from Mommy 11/13

To my precious baby Hunter,

Congratulations, sweetie! We made it to 30 weeks!! We're a good team, aren't we, baby boy? Together, we've worked very hard to get to this point. And I am so, so very proud of you, sweet boy.

This week, both a nurse and one of our doctors told me they thought your birth was immenent the weekend we were admitted to the hospital. In other words, they thought for sure you'd be born that weekend! They even made preparations for it. Wow, how we proved them wrong.

You know what? It's all because God had His protective hands over your little body and over Mommy. He deserves all the glory. He has worked so many miracles for us, Hunter. He loves you and Mommy very much. And He always will.

My prayer for you is that you grow up to be a truly happy, healthy, kind-spirited man of God. Mommy and Daddy promised God that we would raise you to know Him. Do you know that I began praying this prayer for you while you've been in Mommy's tummy? I pray for you as a little baby, as a little boy, as a man. I pray for your heart - that it will seldom be broken. I pray for your health - that it will be well. I pray for your character - that you will develop into a strong, ambitious and compassionate person. I pray for the woman you will marry one day, that she will love you with all of her heart.

Thank you, sweet boy, for fighting to stay inside Mommy. You are growing so well!

I love you,

Mommy

No comments: