Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update 11/5

The Internet access has been down since early yesterday afternoon, so this is my first opportunity to post. We've had a good couple of days...here's why:

1. No heart decels and no contractions! Yay! We've made it to 28.5 weeks!
2. Anna's father-in-law's brain surgery went very well! We pray for a speedy recovery.
3. The doctor today gave me "wheelchair privileges"!!! Translation: After 19 days of being inside the hospital, I will finally be able to feel some fresh air on my face! (It probably won't be until this weekend, however.) Of course, this will only be allowed if things continue to look positive with me and the baby. I'll be allowed to be pushed for a small, yet "adventurous" (insert sarcasm) joyride in a wheelchair for up to 30 minutes a day by a visitor through the hospital or right outside the lobby, dependent upon the well-being of the pregnancy. Since we got a good report the last two days, they are giving me permission to see the light of day!! Again, I'll have to wait until a visitor arrives and I'll only be able to go if our daily reports look good, but that's okay!
4. Today I received several pieces of mail! Cards from Madison's playgroup, Georgia, Holly, Uncle Tom/Aunt Becky, Elaine and Olive Branch Methodist Church in Virginia. Thanks so much!!
5. I also received a big box, sent by Rob, our good friend and former neighbor in Atlanta...guess what was inside? Three freshly baked loaves of bread from a company in Atlanta called Bread Winner Breads. Flavors received: "Party at My Place Pumpkin", "Papa Don't Preach" (it's like a sweet pound cake), and "Better Than A Bubble Bath Mocha Chocolate Chip". Cool, huh? Thank you so much, Rob!
6. Three of my friends from Houston, Vanessa, Nicole and Dirusha (two work with Mark and one used to work with Mark) are coming to visit me soon.
7. Mark had business here in Houston today and is going to visit me on his way back to Beaumont...and he is bringing me Mexican for dinner!!!! Super excited about that. I'm famished.


What I colored during last night's heart monitoring...another creation using Madison's footprints. Geez, I should have been a pre-school teacher, no? ...Except that would require the amazing gift of patience over a dozen kids at a time...which I've not been blessed with yet. Or maybe I could go into business doing something with kids' footprints/handprints... Anyhow, I am grateful for Crayola markers and construction paper...it's the little things that make me happy these days...even if my decorations are lacking a bit of maturity.


Look at the cards I've received! You don't know how they brighten my lonely days.

The beautifully packaged bread I received today.

Wanted to share these cards I received from a couple kids who were/are in my mom's class. So cute!!




4 comments:

Allison said...

Yum! I think posting pictures of that bread is sure to bring more visitors your way. And your rendition of footprints made into wheat is really good. Do you think maybe the nurses would be nice enough to wheel your bed into another room so you could make friends with another patient??? There's got to be other women in need of company around you. I need to do some research, but I know of a really sweet girl who is pregnant with quads and hospitalized somewhere in Houston. Don't know where, but if she is at TWH, ya'll could be buddies. I'll work on finding that out! Hang in there and keep us posted. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have got to know, did you just "place" Madison's feet, or did you place her feet and then add the wheat and pumpkins? NOT that I don't think you're capable of doing it all from blank paper, but WOW, I'm impressed!!!! That is amazing. You could go into business while you are in the hospital. And you could write Crayola and tell them what you're doing with your time!!!!
Hugs
Kim Huston

Courtney said...

Hi Martha. It was good to talk to you yesterday. So excited for you that you get to go on wheelchair adventures and feel fresh air.
Love, Courtney

Celia said...

You really should have been a teacher I would never think to do that with my kids feet. Anyway that bread looks to pretty to eat but knowing me and my love of bread I would eat it all in one sitting. Congrats on getting wheelchair rights I know it is the little things that make a huge difference. Also let me know if you need anything I can send it over to Mark. Also congrats on making it one more week.

Love,
Celia