Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Update

My favorite time of our visit...when Madison is cuddled up next to me.

Madison in her Turkey Dress
Hunter and I are doing just fine. I think he is growing...based on the size of my belly and how he feels. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable...and a lot more tired these days. Saturday night was pretty eventful as I contracted for much of the night, but eventually they all stopped. I've had no contractions today. The doctor today told me that I should have an ultrasound tomorrow morning! Well, I'll believe it when I see it. And, I'll let you know the results!
I had kind of a rough evening on Friday for various reasons, but after a good night's sleep and the gift of a new day, I was feeling so much better when I woke up on Saturday. I relaxed and read (third book in the Twilight series - how will this end?) and waited with great anticipation to see my visitors... After seven whole days...I finally got to see Mark, my mom, and my very favorite little girl, Madison. It seemed like it had been a year since I'd seen her. It was hard knowing that I only had about three hours with her before they needed to leave, but I was determined to make the most of those precious moments.

When they walked in, Madison immediately smiled at the sound of my voice. She came right up to my bed and wanted me to pick her up. Thank you, Lord, that she was not distant to me!! I know by now to expect your child to exhibit signs of fear or distance, so I was so relieved to discover she didn't feel any of that toward me. We all chatted, opened packages that Elaine sent for Madison and Hunter (with the cutest little newborn and premie clothes ever), ate dinner and relaxed.
Madison is doing a couple new things. She can "give you five" and when asked what a cow says, she says, "Moo". Except, it's more like a "Mmmmmmmm". But she definitely knows it's a cow, and doesn't do that for the other animals. She is still enjoying walking backwards, she likes to rearrange our furniture, and still loves to chase Tyson. Her teacher said she has the most dexterity of all the students in her class.

Once again, the time inevitably came when they needed to leave. I know it's best for Madison to be home and in her own bed...but the selfish part of me just wanted them to stay longer! It made me sick with emptiness to think that it could be another whole week until I could see them again...but cheered up knowing that with Thanksgiving coming up, I will see them several times this week.

I was sooo thankful for every moment I had with them. As soon as they left, I got back in my bed, laid against the pillow Madison had just used, and prayed something close to...

Dear Lord,

Thank you that this visit went so well.
Thank you that my daughter wasn't distant to me.
Thank you that she smiled at me.
Thank you that she gave me kisses on the lips.
Thank you that I could feed her dinner.
Thank you that I could even change her diaper!
...and so on.

Yes, it may sound bizarre, but I was so thankful for being able to do the "little things" again.

Well, my mom and Mark have attempted three separate times to get Madison's Christmas pictures taken for this year's Christmas cards. (Yes, I'm still planning on sending them out - I insist every year!) Come to find out, that at this age, Madison is quite averse to getting her picture taken.

First, my mom took her to the mall for an appointment I'd scheduled. After three pictures (in Madison's Thanksgiving dress, not even in her Christmas dress yet), Madison was walking off the set. After one more minute, she was in a full blown cry. So, to put both my mom and Madison out of any further misery, I rescheduled the appointment. In addition, we were highly disappointed in the studio itself, but that's another story.

Second, on Saturday morning, my mom and Mark set out to take her picture at home. They got out some Christmas decorations and set them up in front of our fireplace. They brought my camera back to the hospital that evening so I could take a look. After loading them on my computer, we saw the pictures were really cute! Only thing was, the camera was accidentally on the wrong setting, and all pictures taken were too small of file for printing.

So, the newly rescheduled appointment was for Sunday afternoon. To avoid crowds at the mall, Mark and my mom attempted for a final time to get Madison's picture at home. Mark said he thought they got some cute shots. Let's hope that's true, and not just him doing some wishful thinking. Mark is definitely not "into photography" like me and could absolutely be very satisfied without it...but he (and my mom) was really trying hard to do this favor for me. :)
Madison has evidently grown out of most of her clothes. They went through her winter wardrobe...and said my mom needs to go shopping for her again! So, she is kindly going to do that for us tomorrow...although I think she'll really have fun doing it.
Again, today was a great day with my mani-pedi surprise. Then, Clareanne and Raymond visited me! It was great to see them again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danae,

I've been praying for you.

I'm also reading the Twilight series and I'm on the fourth book. My best friend and I went to see the movie Friday night and it was so good.

You have such an awesome outlook and thankfulness is the best quality.

Michelle Grigston