Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Update 11/19

This post is going to be a bit shorter than usual. Everything is fine...baby's heart is fine; I've been contracting off an on the last two days, but nothing too regular. No worries. I've just had a pretty frustrating night...not getting clear answers and feeling like all of my doctors rush in and rush out without actually listening to me. It was downright disappointing receiving vague answers AS the doctor is walking out my door. Again.

I was told my next ultrasound will be the first week of December (due to doctor's vacation?) instead of next week. One doctor told me my blood tests were back and everything is fine, another doctor told me they were not back yet. I've also been told I may be released around 32 weeks (or when my primary doctor gets back from vacation), not told what kind of care they are recommending for when I'm back in Beaumont, but "we can always life flight you back" or "babies do just fine after being born at 34 weeks"...(then why are babies usually in the womb for 38-40 wks?) well, usually that is true, but we experienced the exception to the rule when our former doctor saw something arise suddenly resulting in Madison being born at 35 wks with a lung disease and almost didn't make it. So, that's the reason I'm not 100% confident that all will be fine after 34 wks. I at least want Hunter to stay in until 36 wks, unless it's safer for him to be out.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that, although I trust the experts, I'd prefer a bit more direct answers/opinions and for them to err on the side of caution because I live two hours away from the hospital...that's all.

So how did I handle it? I immediately went into prayer, knowing that the Lord knows best. He will take care of everything. If He feels I need to stay here, then He will provide that to happen. And if not, then He will provide a safe haven and proper care for me at home. I know this....sometimes I just need to remind myself.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Phil 4:6
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
Hebrews 10:23-24

No comments: