Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We miss you, Grammy!

My mom left to fly home to Portland on Tuesday. We will miss her so much! And even though she'll be back in a month (Dec. 19th), she still cried and cried thinking of how much she was going to miss Madison.

Mom, Mark and Madison came to see me around noon on Tuesday to eat lunch and hang out before they needed to leave for the airport. I was so happy to be able to see Madison again and to be able to say goodbye to my mom.

Mark dropped my mom off at the airport and, at the same time, picked up his parents who had just flew in! The timing worked out nicely. Madison is quickly warming up to her other grandparents, having fun with Grandma and reading lots of books with Granddaddy. She has really taken to him, evidently, and has been following him around often.

Hunter and I have been doing well. But, as the doctor said yesterday, it's just too risky to release me to go home. We know how our (baby/mommy) health can change daily and Beaumont isn't capable of taking care of a baby this young. So, we must wait. It gets pretty lonesome here, but at least everyone is very nice. I just feel so out of touch with being the mother/wife I used to be. Well, in time, normalcy will resume. I've been really busy today planning a Christmas card for both my family and my in-laws - it's been fun. Amy, from Fostering Creativity, has been so nice to artistically edit several of our Christmas pictures! Also, my grandfather's surgery was successful yesterday and he is recovering just fine at home!

My mother in law has been cooking today, in preparation to bring Thanksgiving dinner to the hospital. They're all planning to load up the car and drive to Houston to spend the day with me - and I'm really excited. Unfortunately, Mark felt like he was coming down with the flu this evening...so he may not be able to come...oh, I hope this passes quickly.


Grammy and Madison





Reading with Daddy

Mommy and Madison

Using scraps of construction paper and tissue paper to make a frame...Oh, the things I find to do with my time...

Thank you, Ariana, for my beautiful picture! I hung it on my wall to see every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Danae, Allen and Hunt are arriving today to spend Thanksgiving with us in NYC. They won't be here in time for the Macy's parade (they get in about 3 o'clock), but Cary, Colin, Juia Hunter and I went out last night to see some of the balloons ready for today, They blow them up in some of the side streets from 77th to 81st, so since Cary & Colin's new apartment is on 79th, it's right in the neighborhood. They have them under big nets (I guess to keep wind from blowing them) so it's not easy to tell what the all are, but we know we saw Garfield. I know that Dixon and Elaine are so happy to be there with you all for Thanksgiving, and you certainly will have a good dinner, as Elaine is an amazing cook!. I can identify with your mom, as I can get teary just thinking about when I go home for good. All of us at our house send our love and wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving... we ALL have so much to be thankful for...Love, Julie