Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Update 11/18

Today, I read Adrienne's story via another blog and spent much of my day thinking of and praying for this family. They are in the process of adopting their second child, but at the eleventh hour, the birth mom is undecided whether or not to go through with the adoption. Adrienne has sadly gone through many miscarriages (potentially due to mutant genes in MTHFR - most touching to me because that is what my doctors are thinking I may have, possibly not very severe) and I so much long for her heartache to be no more.

I've also been in prayer thanking God for the ways in which He has blessed us. It's incredibly amazing to see how His hand has guided and protected us in ways that we hadn't even known until now. Even today, after talking to the doctors/nurses, more details were revealed to me of how He has guided us. I have many examples, but one being that there are several women on my floor who have suffered late-term miscarriges (second/third trimester) or threats thereof. A major reason this occurs is due to incompetent cervix (caused by a previous procedure done to the cervix, giving birth before fully dilated, funneling in the cervix, etc). Yet, a cerclage (stitch in cervix or now - newly - abdomen) is not typically inserted until after this tragedy has happened once before. The doctors keep saying that I was very lucky (blessed) and they're impressed my doctor knew what to look for with Madison's pregnancy and went ahead and inserted that cerclage. We would have for sure lost her, had I not had that. As I said, there are several other examples, too. I think it's just so awesome, through our infertility and pregnancy struggles, how God had His hand in things I didn't even know about.

Praise God, Madison had a wonderful day at school today! She even hugged two of her teachers goodbye at the end of the day when my mom came to pick her up.

Update for today: Just minor, short contractions but nothing to worry about. Hunter's heart is wonderful, too! I got very sick this evening after my weekly progesterone shot, due to it's effects on my hormone levels in this last trimester. It was not a fun evening. If I even smell or look at food it will make me sick.

No comments: