Monday, November 24, 2008

Every day is different...yet the same...

Yep, that's right, folks. So true. I can never count on what will happen here with 100% certainty; it requires a lot of patience and if you're "a planner" - well, this hospital stay would be even more difficult for that kind of personality. Me, although I love spontaneity and not a planner, I'm more the kind of person who likes to feel "in control". Which, is still a little difficult when you're hearing different messages here. However, at the same time, every day is still the same...same routine, same four walls, same feeling of not knowing what's going to be around the corner.

Just as I sort of thought...no ultrasound today.

Dr. Reiter told me I will have an ultrasound in a week, when we're in our 32nd week. So....we'll see!

But, so far the strips on the heart monitors have been good, and we know they would flag any early problems.

Dr. Reiter said I may be able to go home after 32 weeks, but more likely he'll keep me here until after 34 weeks. Maybe longer, due to the fact that I don't live in Houston and the capabilities of the Beaumont hospital aren't as advanced as they are here. But, guess what? That's up in the air, too. He said I could just perhaps wait and give birth here. Who knows. I've come to the conclusion that there is no rhyme or reason when it comes to antepartum, labor or delivery. Today, a neighbor of mine who is 29 wks along was sent home. So obviously, there is SOME reason why they're keeping me here.

It's okay...it's safest if I'm here. But, I'd be dishonest if I didn't admit that I was a little heartbroken this morning, realizing I wouldn't be able to go home to my family.

Looking back in retrospect a year from now, this will seem like a blip on the map. But right now, another month or so in here seems like an incomprehensible eternity.

What I DO know...and am 100% certain about is...

I've been praying that God would let me go home only if He knew it was going to be safe for us to be there; if not, to please let me stay here.

So how can I even be disappointed? That God answered my prayer? I have to have faith that He knows what He's doing, right? I am not disappointed in His decision. I have complete faith in He DID answer...it just wasn't to send me home. When I think about it that way, I have peace.

Yeah, it's hard. But I'm just thankful to be pregnant. Period. I won't ever take that for granted.

Finally, please pray for my Grandfather tomorrow, as he will have gallbladder surgery. At 94, he is the oldest patient his surgeon has ever operated on! Grandpa, we're praying for you and wish you a speedy recovery!


Of course, she must have her rocks with her in every picture...

Madison's school projects from last week

And, in another drawer...it's just easier this way to get to my toys...

1 comment:

Avery & Hailey said...

I wish I was in the medical profession so that I could give the same ambiguous answers! HA!

Hang in there and so glad to hear your little man is doing well! Madison is precious as always.

Happy Thanksgiving! THis time next year you will be celebrating with your complete family at home!