Thursday, November 13, 2008

30 Week Update

Yay! We made it to 30 weeks - 4 weeks since we were told we needed to go on bedrest. Thank you, God, for your protection and for keeping me sane! Hunter got a great report today. My nurse said his "strips" (the heart monitoring print-out) were the healthiest looking on the floor today and were textbook examples of health.

I spoke to Dr. Adams yesterday. She answered some questions and cleared a few things up for me.
- There is currently no resistance in the umbilical cord. Earlier, I had gotten the meaurement scale incorrect. Before, the resistance measured 2.74 (I said 7.4) and they didn't want to see it above 2.70. This week, the resistance measured at a 2.70, which is right at the threshold of the "safety zone". They definitely don't want to see it top 3.0. (Typically, there is more of a resistance of blood flow in the second trimester, and less of a resistance in the third trimester. --Again, this is what occurs normally, but with madison's pregnancy, we had more resistance in the third trimester, which was not good.)
- Yes, she is glad I stayed these two weeks.
- Yes, she agrees with Dr. Reiter that, if all goes well and without issue, we should be able to go home in two weeks.
- Yes, she feels this will be safe. I asked today's doctor, and he agreed as well.
How do I feel about it? Well, all my faith and trust is in God. BUT, I have the doctors, constant nursing care, and multiple heart-monitoring each day -- all acting as my "safety net". I've prayed that God won't let me go home until He knows it is safe for me to do so. And, I have faith in this. However...without my "safety nets"...laying down all my worries and trusting God with all the details will rise to a whole new level when I go home! Before the doctors let me go home, my OB and my Perinatologists will discuss a plan for my continued care (how many times I'll go into the doctor, when I'll be monitored, etc.). In other words, I don't know those details yet.
Other news...IF all goes well and there are no issues for the remainder of the pregnancy...they will most likely remove my cerclage and do a C-Section between my 37th-38th week. I turn 37 weeks on Jan. 1! Seven more weeks - yikes. And no, I still have not bought ONE thing for the baby or his nursery. I know that things can change daily...but I am hopeful and optimistic that we'll be okay!


Thank you, Jennie, Brad, Emma and Cooper for my delicious gourmet cookies and serving dish! Seriously, these are hands-down some of the best, freshest cookies I've every eaten. No lie. Cinnamon pumpkin and spiced pumpkin flavors. Jennie got them from Cheryl&Co, an online company from Indiana.

My feeble attempts at recycling the wrapping on some of my gifts I've recently received...


3 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Congrats on 30 weeks! That's fantastic! I saw Dr. Reiter too, he was really great to me. Yes, you can add my blog, I'm so glad it's meant something to you during this scary time. Your daughter is so beautiful and I love all the pictures of your family visits. Blessings to you all!

Jamie said...

That is awesome, awesome news! I'm so sorry I haven't had a chance to call you back from Tuesday. I will call you tomorrow. I can't believe you could be home for Thanksgiving!

hannah said...

Hi Danae! Congratulations on turning 30 weeks!! This might sound funny but reading your blogs gives ME strength and energy! I continue to pray for you and your family. Stay strong and positive and before you know it you'll be home!
I've been in Philadelphia for 3 weeks helping my parents but I'll be returning on Saturday. Is Madison still going to MDO?

Here's a cute poem I love:
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
~ Dr. Seuss

See you soon!
Hannah