Friday, November 7, 2008

29 Weeks!!

Can I please tell you how proud I am of little Hunter?? He is 29 weeks old today!! He is so strong and has been fighting to stay inside Mommy for three weeks now, since we were admitted to the hospital! You're doing so, so well, my sweet boy. Lord, thank you for protecting my son's life and allowing me to carry him for three more weeks!!

Today was pretty difficult and I've felt like crap most of the day. I didn't get to bed until 12:30 am last night due to a late monitoring, then was woken after 4 am to begin the process for the extensive diabetes test. Long story short, because so many people were in and out of my room for this test or for one reason or another...and finally after monitoring, eating breakfast, talking to the dietician, etc...I finally was able to get uninterrupted sleep from noon to 2 pm. And what do I have now to show for it? A big fat headache (because I couldn't eat for 12 hrs) and my arms look like I got into a huge fight where the offender only decided to punch the living daylights out of my arms...they are a nice shade of black and blue.

I'm very happy to say that I PASSED the test! So, no diabetes!! Thank you, God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D,
I have been thinking of you constantly, and praying for you and Hunter every day. He was a miracle from the very beginning and I know God will be with you every step. I am planning on coming to visit, does Pei Wei work for dinner one night? Let me know, I know you haven't heard from me but you are alway in my thoughts and definitely in my prayers. God is listening:-)
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Danae,

It is great to see that Hunter and you have made it to 29 weeks! We as a family have been praying for you guys...Thank you for updating the blog pretty much daily...it helps us here in Oregon know how to pray for you all there in Texas.

We will continue to pray for you and the whole family...You all have been such a joy to our family...please let us know if there is anything else that we can do...You are an amazing mother and wife and writer...Each time I read your entries I am brought to tears, even if that is not your intention...

Today I was reading the "31 Days of Praise" - Ruth Myers (every day for 31 days she writes a prayer using scripture as a refence, it is amazing for the mental attitude of any person that reads through it)...and something struck me...I thought of you and the struggle that you are going through right now...
...I praise You for Your love and Your wisdom. You are too wise to ever make a mistake, too loving to ever do anything unkind, You act on my behalf, accomplishing what concerns me and fullfilling Your purpose for me as I call on You. Thank You that You love me deeply and tenderly. You are compassionate and gracious, full of loving kindness, ready to forgive, patiently considerate, and generous beyond imagining. You desire my love and rejoice to do good things for me. You delight to give me the desires of my heart as I delight myself in You. How precious is Your love to me, O God! I sing for joy as I take refuge in the shadow of Your wings!
...If you get the chance here are the scriptures that the section that I just gave you came from...
-Psalm 57:2; Psalm 138:8; Psalm 86:5; Psalm 103:8; Matthew 22:37; Jeremiah 32:41; Psalm 37:4; Psalm 36:7; Psalm 63:7

My prayer for you Danae is that you rest in the shadow of the Mighty One's wings! I love you guys and will continue to pray for you all!

With love,
Barbie Johnson :-)